Senior Biostatistician (Remote Position)
CorEvitas Waltham, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
CorEvitas is the built-for-purpose gold-standard provider of real-world evidence. Through syndicated registry data and analytic services, we help biopharmaceutical companies demonstrate the safety, efficacy, and value of their products to clinicians, patients, payers, and regulators. CorEvitas operates eight major autoimmune and inflammatory registries across the US, Canada, and Japan, collecting data from nearly 500 clinical sites.
Our HealthiVibe division complements and strengthens our disease registries by providing market-leading expertise in supporting innovative, evidence-based patient engagement initiatives across the entire product lifecycle. Our HealthUnlocked technology platform hosts over 1.4 million patients in hundreds of condition-specific communities and significantly enhances the depth and breadth of patient experiential data. In addition, through our Health iQ division, CorEvitas has access to a broad range of UK-based and international data sets enabling us to help manage clinical utilization, capacity planning, and cost optimization. CorEvitas is an Audax Private Equity portfolio company.
Summary of Position:
A key member of the Corrona Biostatistical Team, the Senior Biostatistician is the Biostatistical Team Lead on many company projects.
The Biostatistics team at CorEvitas has three major focuses:
1) Query work: We design, analyze and report on research projects, aka queries, with our pharma clients to produce publications for the public domain (e.g. abstracts, posters, podium presentations, manuscripts, etc.)
Each query is a team effort with a:
- biostatistician lead who designs and leads the potentially complicated analysis
- biostatistician analyst who performs the analysis
- clinical epidemiologist who helps with design and frames the overall message
- epidemiologist/clinical research manager that coordinates the whole endeavor
2) PV work: Through close collaboration with the PV team, we design, analyze and report on long-term post approval safety studies with our pharma clients to provide real-world evidence of safety
3) Registry work: We work cross-functionally with Engineering, Clinical Data Management and Project Management on all the registry data taking into account client requests from our query and safety work
The Biostats team has specialized statistical expertise for performing analyses such as investigating prescribing patterns, comparing effectiveness between treatments and investigating differences in safety outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for collaborating with investigators with diverse backgrounds to develop analytic queries and Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) that meet the requirements of the client research aims
- Responsible for development and dissemination of final analytic reports to clients
- Makes original contributions to research projects, takes initiative in professional activities and makes sound statistical decisions on an independent basis
- Oversees a Biostatistical team (typically comprised of Biostatistician I/II/III analysts) to complete the analyses detailed in the SAP, provide direction based on project requirements and ensure accuracy in maintaining data and program documentation
- Provide guidance and procedures to analysts for data management and data integration
- Develop standardized algorithms and templates to create efficient and consistent statistical analyses
- Participation in a variety of weekly conference calls with clients, internal teams and senior Biostatistical staff
- Contribute and present published abstracts at research conferences; and play a key role in published peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Performs sample size and power calculations for use in protocol development
- Doctorate (or Masters with appropriate experience) level education in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics (or equivalent) is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of post-doctorate experience (for PhD) or comparable experience for Masters-level candidate in a research or medical setting.
- Demonstrated project leadership
- Documented collaborative research experience with publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated knowledge of retrospective and prospective observational study designs and related methodology
- Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical epidemiology
- Must be highly proficient in at least one of the following statistical packages: SAS, Stata or R/S-plus and ability to become proficient in others particularly Stata
- Must be very familiar with longitudinal or registry data
- Strong personal communication and staff management skills
- High level of decorum in matters relating to confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Proven ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated analytic skills to problem solve effectively
- Strong scientific, leadership and communications skills as well as a strict adherence to ethical business and research practices
- Must be able to make independent judgments under general supervision for the above mentioned job duties and responsibilities.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must possess strong English communication and writing skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Requires a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and MS Project
Remote position anywhere in the USA
In addition, to supporting hundreds of manuscripts and abstracts, CorEvitas has supported post approval safety commitments for multiple advanced therapies approved for autoimmune conditions.
CorEvitas is headquartered in Waltham, MA. Through its subsidiary Health iQ, CorEvitas has access to a broad range of UK and international data sets across primary and secondary care, as well as deep relationships with the NHS, Public Health England, and leading UK academic institutions. The Company’s HealthiVibe business complements and strengthens CorEvitas' strong presence in disease registries by providing market-leading expertise in supporting innovative, evidence-based patient engagement initiatives across the product lifecycle.
CorEvitasWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and flexible work schedule
CorEvitas provides real world evidence through syndicated registry data and analysis services, helping biopharmaceutical companies demonstrate the value of their products to clinicians, patients, payers, and regulators. CorEvitas operates six major autoimmune registries across the US, Canada and Japan, collecting data from over 500 participating investigator sites. In addition, to supporting hundreds of manuscripts and abstracts, CorEvitas has supported post approval safety commitments for multiple advanced therapies approved for autoimmune conditions. CorEvitas is headquartered in Waltham, MA. Through its subsidiary Health iQ, CorEvitas has access to a broad range of UK and international data sets across primary and secondary care, as well as deep relationships with the NHS, Public Health England, and leading UK academic institutions. The Company’s HealthiVibe business complements and strengthens CorEvitas' strong presence in disease registries by providing market-leading expertise in supporting innovative, evidence-based patient engagement initiatives across the product lifecycle.