Customer Technical Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
The Customer Technical Support Specialist will have a broad knowledge of Internet technology, software applications and or computer hardware and a strong desire to provide outstanding customer support to our premier client base. You will utilize your strong communication and superior problem-solving skills to quickly and accurately respond to a wide variety of client inquiries from global information professionals & users of CCC’s rights and content delivery services. You will use and support a wide range of technology applications used in managing content, document delivery and copyright licenses.
This is a great opportunity for self-motivated early to mid-career professional with an aptitude for technology and a strong desire to work in a client-facing role. In this role, you will work with leading-edge software and support some of the most highly respected companies from a variety of industries around the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure quality handling and resolution of calls and emails and provide solutions to meet established business objectives and improve the customer experience.
- Maintain on-going technical expertise in several applications including CCC’s proprietary software, RightFind Enterprise and act as a global product resource to the Operations, Customer Service, and Implementation teams Use your knowledge of software and systems to assist our customers with technical questions and issues.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve reported issues or escalate to the Development team as necessary.
- Complete customer-requested configuration changes within custom software solutions.
- Confirm customer understanding of CCC’s solution and provide additional customer education and training as needed.
- Recognize, document, and inform the manager regarding trends in customer calls and emails
- Through empathy, compassion, and understanding deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
- May be accountable for other results and activities as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting customer facing software or a bachelor’s degree in a technical field required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; impressive telephone etiquette and the ability to elicit callers’ needs with speed and confidence, while also exhibiting composure and politeness.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, exploring, and learning new technology - is solutions oriented.
- Knowledge of advanced features in IE, Safari, Chrome, and Mozilla browsers.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and follow-through along with the ability to multitask on a regular basis.
- Consistently address complex client needs while demonstrating innovation and sound judgment in decision making
- A working knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Experience working with Salesforce, C#, and or HTML a plus.
- You learn quickly when faced with new situations and eagerly take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- You are adept at listening and asking the right questions to accurately analyze situations.
- You are confident under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- You are self-directed and motivated with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
A bit about us:
A pioneer in voluntary collective licensing, CCC (Copyright Clearance Center) helps organizations integrate, access and share information through licensing, content, software and professional services. A career at CCC means being part of something big—helping researchers accelerate knowledge to solve critical challenges—cure disease, restore the environment, feed the world…the list goes on.
CCC is more than a company. It’s a community. We care about each other and about our clients. When you join us, you become part of an agile and dynamic organization strengthened by an increasingly diverse community. We strive to create advanced technology in a vibrant, innovative culture. Team members receive excellent benefits.
CCC has been named…
- 2021 Top Workplace for Remote Work by Energage’s Culture Excellence Awards
- #13 in the Top 100 Women-led Businesses in Massachusetts
- One of the 2021 KMWorld 100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management
- Customer Service Department of the Year – Gold by Best in Biz Awards 2022
- Customer Service Department of the Year – Silver by Best in Biz Awards 2021
Here is what some of our employees have been recently saying about working at CCC:
“I'm required to be at the top of my game. I thrive when expectations are high and challenges are numerous, but I know I have the support I need.”
“We get the chance to work with people around the world, not only internally, but externally, building fantastic relationships and international experience.”
“I am able to work cross-functionally with very intelligent people to fulfill needs and opportunities of employees and customers. I know I make a difference daily.”
CCC is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and vibrant ecosystem that cultivates opportunity for our team and attracts talented people. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and/or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CCC understands that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of disability, please phone Human Resources in USA at t +1 978 750 8400 or outside US at +34 653311670 to let us know the nature of your request.
Copyright Clearance Center
BusinessView all jobs at Copyright Clearance Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?