Client Engagement Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Client Engagement Manager, Software is the post-implementation high touch manager for our software customers. A successful team member will focus on strengthening client relationships and helping CCC learn the best way to optimize the customer experience for our software clients. Their work may include quarterly or semi-annual account reviews including product roadmap updates and participation in client roundtables. They will support Product and Engineering with recommendations and prioritization of features to ensure client needs are well understood and represented. These are multidimensional roles, requiring a diverse skillset, including:
- An analytical approach to understanding the client’s workflow and helping them exploit our software to address their business challenges
- A solid understanding of project management to drive the client’s agenda and deliver results
- Thorough knowledge of our software products, including ability to demonstrate, train, and coach clients
- Technical fluency to facilitate communication between the client and CCC teams
- Sophisticated communication to engage clients easily and often understanding the customer’s business needs using our software
- They are a blend of seasoned product experts, innovative thinkers with the business acumen to identify how CCC can enhance our customers’ business through our software offerings.
- They have a deep understanding of the CCC Publisher software portfolio for RightsLink for Permissions (RLP) and RightsLink for Scientific Communication (RLSC) (and related modules). Access working closely with the Product Management group the Business Unit (BU) to understand the market and advocate for roadmap functionality representing our customer’s pain points.
- Act as a strong high touch resource alongside the sales account team(s) and software accounts driven through comprehensive understanding of the client and CCC products.
- Maximize account growth by identifying new revenue sources and then by promoting products and services.
- Analyze and document business problems from the customer perspective, identify trends and recommend solutions based on the product configuration capabilities.
- Escalation point for software related issues after a customer is in production.
- Monitor and assess reported customer service issues, volume trends, cancellation trends, operational issues and then consult with clients to recommend solutions for continuous process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Act as customer advocate to ensure that all departments understand customers’ needs and requirements.
- Conduct operational meetings presenting document delivery, turnaround time, customer service and account SLA statistics and metrics, contract updates, new product discussions, product roadmap updates, and other training and documentation updates.
- Conduct training with clients to ensure user adoption and maximized utilization of the supported products.
- Pass feedback to CCC Product Development Team in support of solution enhancements.
- Maintain on-going support expertise of licenses and software products.
- May be accountable for other results and activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- 3-5 years of client management experience
- In-depth sales, business and product acumen/orientation, tech savvy
- Demonstrated ability to mine accounts to find upsell opportunities
- Ability to consistently demonstrate innovation and sound judgment when making decisions
- Exceptional collaboration & interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to do formal presentations
- Aptitude for exploring and learning new technology independently and ability to simplify for the client and team
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent meeting-management skills
- Proactive, solution driven
- Travel to up 10%
- Is a strong communicator - relates comfortably with people across levels, functions and cultures
- Is a nimble learner – readily learns and adopts new technologies; is resourceful and curious
- Uses knowledge of customer needs, business insights and strategies to guide actions
- Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles
- Is highly organized and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating excellent time management skills with attention to details
- Acts as a customer advocate
- Is proactive and solution-driven
- Demonstrates self-awareness; possesses a strong work ethic and manages own workload autonomously
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic.
A Bit About CCC:
CCC advances copyright, accelerates knowledge, and powers innovation. Our employees partner with customers to create solutions together, removing friction from the market and making complicated things simple. We help organizations integrate, access, and share information through licensing, content, software, and professional services.
CCC continues to be committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, vibrant ecosystem that cultivates opportunity and attracts talented people. CCC is more than a company. It’s a community. At CCC, we celebrate the power of individual action in our work and in helping others. Our We Not Me program brings lots of opportunities to support charities around the world to feed and shelter the homeless, support children in need, build green spaces, and so much more.
CCC was just named a Top Women-Led Business in Massachusetts again by the Boston Globe. Additionally, CCC recently earned several 2022 Top Workplaces Culture Excellence Awards for Employee Appreciation, Employee Well-Being, Professional Development, and being Women-Led. Earlier this year, CCC won national recognition for Compensation & Benefits, Leadership, and Work-Life Flexibility.
According to a 2022 Energage study that surveyed CCC employees, the three words that best describe CCC are Caring. Collaborative. Inclusive.
Here is what some of our employees said in the survey about working at CCC:
- CCC provides a pleasant work environment, good pay and benefits, and opportunities for growth.
- CCC is a great place to work, there are opportunities to grow in your career and continue to learn and improve in your current position. CCC has lots of employees that have stayed at this company for a long time, which says a lot about how employees like working here.
- Great leadership, family and employee-oriented, flexible, and innovative.
- CCC is a flexible working environment. Employees are given the option to work in the office or remotely. The benefits are excellent and CCC offers opportunities for professional growth and training. And the best feature of CCC is the community - Everyone truly cares about each other.
- I feel working in a very professional environment, people are knowledgeable and willing to share their experiences. There is mutual respect among the team members, and everyone is included and encouraged to participate. The work is never boring, new things are happening all the time but at the same time it is not stressful, it is just enough to keep you challenged and motivated. I have a very good balance between work and my personal life.
Copyright Clearance Center
BusinessView all jobs at Copyright Clearance Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?