Are you looking for an opportunity to let your skills shine? Come join the team at the credit union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. We are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. Here at the credit union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As an Support Services Specialist II you will:
- Provide service and support to retail operations, other departments and co-workers.
- Sort and post incoming mail. Post checks for other departments. Prep outgoing mail. Prepare the courier bags for delivery to the branches and sort the items in the incoming bags.
- Process returned mail by noting the bad address in the core system and contact members to update addresses.
- Perform account research for members; including the retrieval of check images and statement copies.
- Review IRA transactions and forms for accuracy and approve in Ascensus. Work the ‘IRAs not linked’ report to ensure the accounts are linked to the plan.
- Process wire transfer 2nd verifications for branch staff and load/verify new mortgage wires for the lending department.
- Post incoming wires.
- Assemble the daily wire packet by pulling a report from Catalyst with the daily activity. Verify that outgoing wires were processed under dual control, the member account was debited and OFAC was run on all parties. All incoming and outgoing wire forms and supporting documents are to be gathered together with the report from Catalyst as a cover page and scanned.
- Follow up with joint owners/beneficiaries on deceased member accounts. Work to get the account modified or closed. Will need to work closely with eServices on items that need to be paid or returned.
- Assist eServices with RDC processing and the review of ATM check deposits.
- Assist with the QC of new account and loan files.
- Complete Verification of Deposits and SSI Asset Verifications.
- Cover the receptionist desk. Greet members and staff as they arrive for training and/or meetings. Accept U.S. mail, UPS and FedEx packages.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute - Demonstrate the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation - Keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and credit union wide goals and be able to prioritize and collaborate with others to achieve success.
A Service Focus - Demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Build constructive working relationships characterized by cooperation, collaboration, and mutual respect. Personify the credit union's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative - Motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Display energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Wants to get in on the ground floor and create something from scratch. A bit of an entrepreneurial spirit goes a long way in our environment.
Eye for Quality - Take responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Flexibility - The ability to excel in a high stress environment, adapt to changing business needs and work priorities needs is a must. Develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education or general education degree (GED). Some post-secondary education preferred.
- Working knowledge of credit union products and services, policies, and standard operating procedures required. Knowledge of consumer lending and account opening and closing preferred.
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for servicing credit union members and projecting a positive image as representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines.
- Ability to communicate over the phone and in writing including complaint resolution, settling disputes, resolving grievances and conflicts, and otherwise negotiating with others.
- Knowledge of PC applications including Word and Excel required. Experience with automated core banking system preferred. Experience utilizing smart phone and tablet applications preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
Join a winning team and a dedicated credit union! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
Powered by JazzHR
Copper State Credit Union