Part Time Teller/New Accounts (Anthem Branch)
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you looking for an opportunity to help others and let your skills shine? Do you want to work for a company that believes in helping others and doing the right thing? Join the Copper State CU family! Our mission is to elevate the financial strength of Arizona families through financial empowerment. We are a full-service financial institution aimed at helping our local Arizona community. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned and operated by members we serve. This separates us from most for-profit financial institutions. With approximately 140 employees we are large enough to help everyone, while being small enough to provide growth opportunities. This provides opportunities to contribute to the organization in ways that most don’t for larger institutions. At Copper State Credit Union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to collaborate within all levels of the company. At Copper State Credit Union, you will have the opportunity to put your unique skills to work, and contribute to a company that wants to see you succeed.
As a Personal Financial Consultant I/II you will:
- Accurately process member transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and payments.
- Manage a cash drawer and accurately record denominations.
- Assist with daily branch processes including but not limited to vault/ATM balancing, night drop processing, and branch opening/closing.
- Complete the account opening process for savings, checking, credit cards, money markets, and CDs.
- Provide exceptional member service by being personable, professional, empathetic, and knowledgeable.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to members. Build relationships and discuss member’s financial needs. Communicates the features and benefits of products and services. Recommends solutions in the best interest in the member
- Promptly respond to member requests, concerns, and inquiries.
- Escalate extensive or specific requests/inquiries. Work closely with other teammates and departments to complete requests and find resolution. Actively follow-up with member and maintain open lines of communication.
- Explain personal, auto, and home equity loan products. Work with a centralized lending team to assist with member's lending needs.
- Assist members with loan closings. Verify identity, collect documentation, sign loan documents, and work with lending team to complete funding.
- Actively listen to member’s needs and recommend additional products and services.
- Refer members to credit union partners including mortgage lenders, commercial lenders and financial advisors.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Savvy - Uses technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions and demonstrate the benefits to members. PC Computers, Tablets, etc.
Detail Oriented – Pays close attention to small details. Prioritizes accuracy and gives undivided attention to avoid mistakes and complete tasks from start to finish.
Results Oriented - Aware of personal, department, and company goals. Prioritize workload to achieve goals. Excels in a fast-paced environment and able to meet deadlines.
Service – People first mentality. Puts member’s needs before their own. Patient and empathetic when assisting in difficult circumstances.
Sound Judgment - Willing to make decisions within guidelines. Includes manager in decision-making process and can support and explain reasoning for decisions.
Initiative - Motivated self-starter. Actively seeks opportunities to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Accountable – Takes ownership of all responsibilities. Dependable to members and fellow employees. Owns mistakes and embraces coaching and feedback.
Effective Communicator - Explains recommendations, products and services in ways members can easily understand. Maintains open lines communication with team and manager.
Teamwork – Works well with others and enjoys collaboration.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Some post-secondary education preferred.
- 6 months of customer service and/or cash handling experience required. 1 year of sales and/or teller experience preferred.
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Consumer deposit and loan product knowledge preferred.
- PC, web browsers, applications, Word, and Excel knowledge required.
- Smartphone/Tablet and applications knowledge preferred.
- Banking systems knowledge preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations involving decimals, percentages, etc.
Join a winning team at a dedicated credit union! We have been fulfilling the financial needs of our members and their families since 1951. We focus on building lifetime relationships by continually building trust and expanding our products and services. Emphasizing security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
Powered by JazzHR
Copper State Credit Union
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?