SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the position is to ensure the highest quality of resident care available, support staff and establish a positive reputation in the community while delivering on the Eduro HealthCare Values of wellness, compassion, customer experience and company results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Adherence to Policies
· Must show courtesy and respect to other employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, the general public, etc.
· Abide by Eduro HealthCare’s drug and alcohol policy.
· Maintain good personal hygiene and dress and groom appropriately.
- Report on time as scheduled and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service sessions.
- Become thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures.
- Must be able to perform duties in a timely fashion, and within the prescribed sequences and schedules.
· Must be cooperative with other departments and be courteous and respectful in dealing with them at all times.
· Participate in and respond professionally to surveys (inspections) conducted by government agencies.
Nursing Duties include
The RN is responsible for providing nursing care as directed by the Program/Health Director and for supervising the program aide assigned to assist with nursing services.
- Observation of each participant and immediately reporting noted changes in their condition to the Program/Health Director
- Monitoring and recording routine vital signs and weights
- Provision of restorative or rehabilitative nursing services including bowel and bladder routines management and follow through of restorative programs developed by physical, occupational and/or speech therapies
- Provision of direction and assistance to program aides assisting with personal care; incontinency care and maintenance of supplies related to same
- Provision of prophylactic skin care to avoid impaired skin integrity
- Provision of nail care
- Use of infection control/prevention techniques in the rendering of care
- Observance of participant diets/diet restrictions as prescribed by physician
- Direct daily meal service to ensure participants receive meals accurately and timely, with assistance provided as needed
- Report inadequacies in dietary or fluid intake to the Program/Health Director;
- Assist in the provision of emergency care
- Check participant clothing, incontinency and personal care supplies and obtain same to ensure adequacy of amounts on hand
· Be personally involved with all aspects of resident care to the extent necessary to assess its quality.
· Respect all resident rights, including the confidentiality of resident care information.
· Report immediately to the proper legal authorities if you have reason to believe a resident has been physically, emotionally, or sexually abused, or been a victim of theft of their personal property.
· Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, cheerfulness, enthusiasm, and love, giving the resident the quality of service you would want to receive personally. Reflect the four core values of Eduro HealthCare.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
· Minimum one (1) year experience working with adults in a health care setting
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English sufficiently to perform required duties.
· Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
· Bi-lingual skills welcome
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing in state employed
· Successful completion of a training and competency evaluation program required
- Completion of orientation required by company policy.
· Health screening and TB test (if required) within two weeks of employment.
· Mandatory drug test upon hire.
· Must be free of criminal activity proven by a criminal background check.
· Become familiar with and comply to all local, state, and federal regulations relating to the job.
· Show within three (3) days of hire satisfactory evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee must be able to perform the essential job functions without posing a direct threat to residents, self or others.
· Frequently move about the facility, transporting equipment and supplies upwards of 50 pounds.
· Frequently assist patients with exercises and move them about the facility and between bed, wheelchair, and other positions as necessary.
· Must be able to rapidly assist in the evacuation of all residents from the building in case of emergency.
· May be asked to work beyond normal working hours and must have flexibility and willingness to work holidays, etc.
· Must work in an office and other areas of the facility as needed.
· Is subject to illness, diseases, and other health conditions present in the facility.
· Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Eduro Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.