Clinical Educator/Employee Health Nurse/Infection Prevention Co-Partner
- Develop and implement onboarding and new hire orientation for nursing, and identified personnel, ensuring support of new employee and preceptor, providing helpful and supportive feedback and identifying areas needing remedial training or improvement.
- Develop house-wide training programs that addresses quality measures, survey readiness and improvement processes in collaboration with key leadership/management
- Develop curricula in collaboration with clinical care managers (Nursing and outpatient care areas) for clinical education programs. Teaches healthcare topics to practicing nurses and clinical staff. Class content to include didactic and hands-on clinical experience and lessons in professional responsibility.
- Collaborate with other professionals to refine nursing program content. Identifies continuing education opportunities of clinical staff to enhance and develop their knowledge base in the delivery of high quality care to our patients.
- Actively involved in identifying evidence-based practice to integrate and be considered for integration into current practice.
- Engaged with product evaluation, identifying the latest technological advances that may positively influence and enhance patient care and safety.
- Development, planning and implementation of annual skills fair content for clinical staff to include the clinics. Collaborates with clinical managers in defining content.
- Identification and integration of quality metrics throughout the organization and creates strategies of how to integrate these metrics. Works closely with Quality and Infection Control leader.
- Evaluate programs and effect changes as needed to improve quality nursing programs and assure nursing compliance with hospital standards policies and procedures, job descriptions and CMS and State standards and regulations.
- Review data related to nursing care indicators.
- Investigate nursing problem areas and follow-up on proposed corrective action, collaborating closely with the nurse manager(s)
- Assist with development and/or enhancement of patient care policies.
- Provide “Just in Time” training as necessary in collaboration with department manager.
- Lead research, identification and narrowing down of educational platforms that benefit the entire organization with an emphasis on annual required modules (that are also offered in Spanish).
- Highly detailed and efficient approach to work and projects with full completion of said projects
- Conduct pre-employment screening to ensure prospective employees meet the health and physical requirements of the job, prior to starting in assigned department. Provide Fit test as appropriate.
- Ensure required certifications for position are current and if not, scheduled for next certification class. Provide status of new employee to hiring manager.
- Schedule and provide annual Fit Tests to current employees
- Schedule and provide annual TB Mantoux placement to current employees and read result within 48-72 hours of placement
- Schedule and provide annual Flu vaccinations to current employees or notate declination of described Flu policy requirements.
- Provide support and follow-up to employees involved in work injury, as appropriate
- Meet with all new-hires to determine immunity/vaccination status and provide vaccinations per Occupational Medicine standing order and CQCH policy prior to department start date. Provides lab order to check immunization status as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly COVID meetings and offers professional opinion based on scientific and evidenced based information as appropriate.
- Identify possible trends of employee illness throughout organization and notify/discuss with Medical Director of Occupational Medicine
- May develop or lead training sessions such as infectious diseases, chemical exposures and use of personal protective equipment. Document training efforts and evaluate effectiveness of such programs by administering post-training assessments.
- Track and monitor COVID related employee status; i.e., who is ill, who is out on sick leave, testing results, works with department manager in gathering information pertinent to tracking with regard to HIPPA.
- Review and edits as necessary, employee health policies.
Infection Prevention Co-Partner
- Well versed in infection control practices and provides evidence-based solutions/processes.
- Works collaboratively with Infection Prevention Lead.
- Completes APIC (Association for Professionals in Infection Control) online or conference-based training if not completed already within one year of hire.
- Carries positive blood culture phone (red phone) phone M-F during normal business hours and follows policy that addresses the handling of positive blood cultures. Hands red phone off to Bisbee ED charge at end of day, weekends and holidays or to other identified RN.
- Review and edits, as necessary, infection control policies. Participates in scheduled Infection Control meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Registered Nurse licensed in Arizona in good standing with no encumbrances.
- BLS Certificate
- ACLS Certificate –if does not hold current certification, will successfully complete within 3 months of hire
- PALS Certificate – if does not hold current certification, will successfully complete within 3 months of hire
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree. Preferred: Master’s degree in nursing or actively enrolled in accredited program with emphasis in education.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional nursing experience, preferably in critical care setting.
- Acceptably demonstrated leadership and supervisory or management experience. Demonstrated forward movement with promotions in leadership roles.
Essential: Flexible, experienced, collaborative and creative individual who is capable of sound decision making and uses scientific approach to problem solving. Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrates project management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed computer skills, organizational skills, analytical reasoning, and ability to think critically. Self-motivated, self-starter, prioritizes work based on need of organization, upbeat leader.
It is the vision of Copper Queen Community Hospital to help create a healthier community.
Outstanding Medical Care
Compassion, Competency and Productivity
Wise Use of Resources
Copper Queen Community HospitalThe mission of Copper Queen Community Hospital is to maintain and support access to basic primary healthcare throughout southern Cochise County by excelling in leadership, vision and service delivery to address opportunities and challenges to healthcare. Vision It is the vision of Copper Queen Community Hospital to help create a healthier community. Values Customer Experience Outstanding Medical Care Compassion, Competency and Productivity Teamwork Continuous Improvement Wise Use of Resources