Cope Architecture designs a wide range of project types for both private and public clients. We have a culture that is energetic and collaborative and we are looking for people to complement our award-winning and growth-oriented firm.
**Located in Knoxville, TN. Will pay for relocation**
As a Project Manager, you are accountable for the project’s financial performance and team communication. Manages multiple projects during all phases of a project until completion. Directs employees and consultants at all levels to ensure that proper steps and procedures are taken and that work is completed as planned, budgeted, scheduled and in conformance with the design intent.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the team.
- Participates on and/or leads multiple project teams as Project Manager.
- Cost estimating.
- Specification research, development and production.
- Assists senior management in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget, and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Assists in preparing project presentations. May participate and/or lead client presentations.
- Consistently provides complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team. Responsible for managing project using the Deltek Project Management system.
- Assists senior management in the preparation and execution of consultant contracts.
- Assists with negotiating fees and contracts.
- Ensures that budgets have been developed to provide for Quality Management Program through the life of the Project.
- Fosters a culture of external and internal client service.
- Maintains profitability and schedule adherence
- Provides creative solution leadership
- Maintains “Anatomy of a project” checklist and manages QA/QC process
- Works with Project Architect to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Monitors schedule and budget throughout project and makes modifications as necessary.
- Plans, organizes and manages project. Provides on-going communication through regular team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure effective communication. Creates meeting minutes, action item lists and tracks adherence by all stakeholders
- Assists construction administration department during the construction phase
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with consultants and clients.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues.
- Consults with client to determine function and spatial requirements and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time. Plans layouts of projects and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Identifies new business opportunities while developing current client relationships. Listens for and seek out new projects which may exist or are being formulated.
- Participates in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Assists in development of fee proposals for marketing proposals.
- Maintains visibility in the community and promotes our firm
- Provides leadership including professional development coaching and mentoring staff.
- Defines staff requirements for projects as needed or directed. Makes recommendations to senior management for staff promotions/terminations for project team. May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere. Ability to be flexible in multi-tasking and assignment adjustments.
- Able to demonstrate proven and effective communication and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability and LEED guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Ability to manage multiple projects of a complex scope.
- Possess strong hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Proficiency in Revit as required of Project Leaders.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong people skills and a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required.
- 10 years’ experience in architectural practice with prior management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
- Licensed Architect with current registration Tennessee.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED AP or GA preferred.