The Quality Engineer will provide quality assurance support to the product development team, resolving bugs, defects, and other potential issues and ensuring that products meet customer specifications.
· Schedules, organizes and assigns projects to members of the Quality Assurance team.
· Conducts performance evaluations for Quality Assurance team.
· Trains Quality Assurance team in appropriate quality processes and procedures.
· Reviews design plans, process procedures, test procedures, and quality manuals to understand the scope, requirements, and function of products.
· Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures for all processes involved in Quality Assurance.
· Conducts internal audits to ensure stringent requirements of ISO certification are met.
· Ensures products meet the organization’s and customers’ quality and product integrity requirements.
· Supports product development or operations team by providing analysis and expertise throughout the inspection process.
· Identifies root causes of problems in the production process; recommends and/or implements corrective measures.
· Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with the goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s production processes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
· Three years of related experience required.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to travel: 25%
Copan Diagnostics, IncBe a part of a dynamic and rapidly growing company. With a reputation for innovation, COPAN is the leading manufacturer of collection and transport systems in the world. COPAN’s collaborative approach to innovation in pre-analytics has resulted in the original FLOQSwabs, ESwab, FecalSwab and UTM, as well as Full Laboratory Automation. COPAN’s collection and systems have been proven to advance the quality of traditional and contemporary microbiology assays. COPAN's automation includes specimen processing, smart incubation, digital imaging, and strong algorithms for automatic segregation of bacterial cultures, followed by automated colony picking.