The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist will conduct testing on software, websites, and other technical products to identify and resolve bugs, defects, and other potential issues.
· Reviews design specifications to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the software product.
· Identifies appropriate parameters, functions, and data to test and validate; parameters may include general function, validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and compliance with industry standards.
· Conducts testing to ensure products perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
· Identifies, logs, and recreates error codes, bugs, and defects.
· When a product does not perform within specifications, reports defects to programmers while identifying and recommending solutions, improvements, and updates.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Extensive knowledge of software and database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored jobs, and error replication.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to create test plans and cases from specifications or verbal communications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Three years of related experience required.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Copan Diagnostics, IncBe a part of a dynamic and rapidly growing company. With a reputation for innovation, COPAN is the leading manufacturer of collection and transport systems in the world. COPAN’s collaborative approach to innovation in pre-analytics has resulted in the original FLOQSwabs, ESwab, FecalSwab and UTM, as well as Full Laboratory Automation. COPAN’s collection and systems have been proven to advance the quality of traditional and contemporary microbiology assays. COPAN's automation includes specimen processing, smart incubation, digital imaging, and strong algorithms for automatic segregation of bacterial cultures, followed by automated colony picking.