Lead Direct Support Professional (DSP) / Caregiver - Spartan Group Home, Community Living Services
Copa Health Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
Copa Health provides the best possible services and supports that assist each individual in achieving their own personal vision of recovery, wellness, and life in the community. We currently have 150+ locations, including day programs, group homes, respite and habilitation care, psychiatric care, outpatient services, counseling services, and overall integrated care. We serve approximately 19,000 members annually.
Your Health, Our Passion! Our purpose is to inspire health, hope and happiness by delivering world-class solutions to individuals, families, and communities.
Each year, compassionate and dedicated employees deliver life-changing services that support individuals and families who have disabilities to achieve higher levels of self-sufficiency, resiliency, and wellness. Through our employee's efforts, lives are improved, families are enriched, and communities are positively changed in dramatic ways. Because of the vulnerable population we serve, working at Copa Health is both a unique privilege and great responsibility. By focusing on our values of; people first, compassion, integrity, perseverance, accountability, and innovation; our employees feel rewarded and fulfilled while delivering the highest level of service.
Who We Need
- Requires any combination of training, education, and/or experience equal to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
- Satisfactory work records as determined by the Human Resources Department.
- Successful completion of Copa’s training program meeting the requirements of contracted funding sources; the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) and/or Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card and any other required background checks, including drug screen testing.
- Ability to meet Copa’s driver authorized driving requirements set forth by Copa’s insurance company, (Arizona Driver’s license upon hire, 39-month MVR, proof of insurance and vehicle registration), if applicable.
- Bi-Lingual preferred.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transferring members from wheelchair to changing table, bed, chairs, shower chairs.
- Assisting members in and out of vans.
- Facility cleaning includes but not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and laundry.
- Plan and prepare monthly menus of well-balanced meals/snacks meeting applicable dietary needs, as required.
- Teach and assist with personal hygiene which includes, but not limited to showering, changing adult incontinent briefs, brushing teeth, shaving, and assisting with dressing.
- Provide mentoring, training, guidance, and support to staff.
- Coordinate program information and contribute to the successful resolution of challenges.
- Maintain relationships with all agency departments, families utilizing or inquiring about services, members receiving services, staff, board members, and community.
- Provide services that are person centered, incorporate active treatment, are developmentally/age appropriate, culturally sensitive and show respect and dignity.
- Provide activities revolving around social skills and employment skills, as assigned.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures and assist with the evaluation of results in relation to established goals.
- Monitor and ensure that necessary assessments and evaluations are completed. Present necessary information at staff meetings, and act as a liaison for family concerns, as needed.
- Ensure the accurate completion of administrative tasks as assigned to include, within timelines, but not limited to support plan documentation, site files, program documentation, individual attendance, individual’s spending money, transportation logs, case record requirements, daily assignment logs, medication administration, activities scheduling, IT requests, community outing plans, maintenance requests, and general record keeping.
- Attend and participate in member medical appointments as indicated by their medical professionals.
- Attend meetings and actively participate in internal and external committees, as assigned.
- Act and perform in a lead role in the absence of the Program Coordinator when necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and support the program’s preferences and priorities as related to the Copa Health mission statement.
- Ensure the maintenance of departmental operations to achieve compliance with contract requirements, accreditation, licensing and monitoring standards, agency procedures, Federal/State/Local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed.
- Adhere to current training requirements and applicable accreditation and licensing/regulatory standards and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health (HITECH) requirements.
- Familiar/adheres to all department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures compliance and adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and / or department.
When you join our team as a full-time team member, you will receive:
- Generous PTO program – up to 3 weeks off your first year with continued accruals each pay period!
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
- Affordable health care plans: Medical, Vision, and Dental
- H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A. (with select medical plans)
- Free Short-Term Disability and Life/AD&D Insurance up to $100,000
- 403(b) retirement plans with company match.
- Employee Assistance Program Voluntary benefits: Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Additional Life/AD&D Insurance, and much more!
Copa Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Personal CareView all jobs at Copa Health