- Posted: over a month ago
$250 Sign-On Bonus and a $2,500 Retention Incentive! Urgently Hiring Part-time Drivers!
When you join our team as a part-time team member, you will receive:
• Limitless growth and career advancement opportunities
•Great leadership, communication, and a team/family oriented workplace
•Career development offered internally through our Organizational Development & Learning Department
•Recognition for the hard work you are doing and the commitment to our members
•Knowledge: work with the industries leading professionals, we are all leaders at Copa Health
•Flexible schedule with no weekends. Monday-Friday
Copa Health’s Community Day Services program is designed to assist individuals in maximizing their independence and choices through building personal, social, and pre-employment competencies to live full and productive lives. Services provide community integration opportunities and experiential learning opportunities to increase daily living skills, social skills, use/availability of community resources, pre-vocational skills, community engagement, and awareness. Individuals participate in volunteerism, recreational activities, social skills practice, broadening educational activities, and community involvement. We are seeking fun, energetic individuals with a strong work ethic to join our dynamic team!
Who We Need
Provide individualized and quality transportation services to individuals we serve. Copa Health CDS Driver’s Aide will assist Drivers in safely transporting passengers with physical, emotional, or developmental disabilities utilizing a GPS equipped vehicle between residences and other designated areas. The Copa Health vehicle fleet is comprised of passenger vans and cutaway buses that may be equipped with wheelchair lifts and seats with safety belts and harnesses.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with members with disabilities preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a Level One (1) Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must have a valid AZ Driver’s license, clean 39-month motor vehicle report, and the ability to meet and maintain Copa health’s acceptable driving requirements.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds, stoop and bend comfortably in all positions.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides necessary assistance to passengers according to the varying needs of each individual.
- Provides assistance with the transporting of members to and from the program.
- Assist with loading and unloading individuals when needed (including lifting individuals).
- Maintain accurate record of daily transportation times for members.
- Perform weekly vehicle inspections.
- Operates specialized equipment necessary in the safe transport of variously abled passengers, i.e., wheelchair lift, and restraints.
- Drivers must also be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects as he/she assists passengers in and out of vehicles as needed.
- Able to safely operate their vehicle in all kinds of weather and on all types of highways and roads.
- All other duties as assigned.
Copa Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
HealthcareView all jobs at Copa Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?