Buyer, Beverage & Materials
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant Downers Grove, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants is a modern casual Napa-inspired full-service restaurant with a scratch kitchen, full bar, winery-inspired private event space and an artisan retail market. We currently have over 40 locations in 10 states throughout the U.S. with over 5000 team members, and we will continue to grow those numbers! Home to the largest wine club in the world with over 450,000 members, Cooper’s Hawk is a lifestyle brand centered around wine and focused on creating memorable moments that enrich lives.
We are looking for a Buyer for our Supply Chain team. In this new role, this person will be responsible for several purchasing categories including but not limited to, alcoholic beverage, uniforms, office supplies, first aid. In this critical role, the Buyer will partner with other teams across the company and external vendors/distributors to ensure the business operates at peak levels on a day-to-day basis and is strategically positioned for future growth. This position will be a part of the Supply Chain team and is located at the Restaurant Support Center in Downers Grove, IL. Please note: Since orders are place on Sunday, this person's work week will be Sunday (handful of hours) through Thursday. Days off are Friday and Saturday.
- Review and analyze restaurants wine inventory levels along with projected weekly sales projections to place wine orders for each restaurant on a weekly schedule.
- Assist in Forecasting and modeling long-term wine demand needs, with Regional and Varietal details provided as needed
- Interact with local and national distributors of spirits and beer to support restaurants needs, including credits, out of stocks and set up for new restaurants
- Work with spirits and beer distributors on incentivized national programs.
- Direct and coordinate activities of vendors engaged in buying, selling, and distributing of materials, such as uniforms, office supplies, etc.
- Handle bids, quotes, pricing and contracts for materials purchases for the multi-state restaurants and Restaurant Support Center.
- Partner with Operations and Food and Beverage departments to ensure quality materials are purchased to meet the needs of the restaurants and Restaurant Support Center.
- Develop and execute negotiation strategy; responsible for driving final contract negotiations and implementation while ensuring appropriate levels of management engagement and approval.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Negotiate with supplier contracts to achieve optimum product costs.
- Achieve cost savings goals
- Customer service focused mentality with internal and external partners
- Strong decision-making skills
- Self-starter with willingness to work hands-on
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Compeat and SmartSheets experience a plus
- Ability to establish priorities and work within deadlines
- At least 3 years relevant purchasing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of restaurant operations
- Must represent Cooper’s Hawk values
- Strong problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiating skills
- Analytical rigor
- Customer orientation
- Agility and adaptability
- Business acumen
- Sound judgment
- Disciplined Behavior
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
AddressDowners Grove, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant