People Consultant/HR Contractor
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
Cooper People Group is a woman-owned, boot-strapping and fast-growing startup whose purpose is to enrich the world of work. We are a team of seasoned HR leaders that are passionate about helping small to mid-size (mostly West Michigan) companies develop their HR strategy, structure, people and processes. We'd love to have you join us as a part-time People Consultant!
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced HR guru that loves all things human capital, employee experience, and who understands small business. This role can range from 15-30 hours per week (but could be more or less) and is ideal for candidates who dig the employee life cycle (recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits, performance, learning, employee relations, leave management, engagement, offboarding and more), leader development, practical application of labor and employment law, and workplace culture enhancements. You may be involved in projects that include the following:
- Developing a new recruiting and onboarding program with tools for our clients
- Recruiting top HR talent on behalf of our clients
- Coaching a client on navigating a sticky employee relations process
- Implementing a new HRIS
- Crafting Culture Guidebooks and Employee Handbooks
- Conducting HR Effectiveness Assessments
- Facilitating Organizational Design Workshops
- Training Leaders on Performance Management
- Revamping a Total Rewards Program
What You'll Bring
- HRCI or SHRM certification with at least 7-10 years of broad-based HR generalist experience. We're looking for experienced and forward-thinking leaders who can advise executives on and implement best practices regarding comp, culture, compliance and everything in between. Candidates with previous consulting, professional services or third-party experience strongly preferred.
- Passion for pouring into our clients and helping them strengthen their people programs and outcomes. Your time management, communication and organization skills are top-notch and you'll be an amazing ambassador for the CPG brand who goes out of your way to serve others.
- You get contractor life. You are a hustler and enjoy being in control of your nonlinear work schedule (in concert with your client obligations, of course), the projects you pick up, and your approach to solving problems. You're resourceful and creative and shine brightest when implementing new solutions.
- The typical independent contractor stuff: You'll have to provide your own insurance, a reliable computer and internet connection, non-disruptive home office space, reliable transportation and insurance to meet up with clients, etc.
What You'll Get
- A chance to collaborate with the best in the biz at the beginning stages of a growing company in an incredibly in-demand industry
- Super flexible and largely remote/hybrid environment. We just ask that you live within an hour of greater Grand Rapids as to easily and regularly visit our client offices.
- To work with some of the coolest organizations in West Michigan with the most innovative leaders
- Bi-weekly pay
- Great resources, tools and access to training
If you already share your HR expertise with many organizations and are looking for a change, or if you've always wanted to dip your toe into the world of consulting, this is the opportunity for you! We'd love to talk.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Cooper People Group
BusinessView all jobs at Cooper People Group