Project Interior Designer - ATL
Cooper Carry Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Interior Designer performs and coordinates programming, space planning, furnishing and finish selection, documentation, construction and installation services. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Interior Designer is responsible for the development of project design intent, and for the production of complete, accurate and well-coordinated documents.
- Graduate of an accredited Interior Design program or a related design program with Bachelor's level degree.
- Registered Interior Designer/Architect
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality, complete sets of drawings for complex projects.
- Strong understanding of building systems.
- Strong organizational, coordination and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals to meet project objectives on time and within scope and budget.
- Competency in all aspects of design and documentation.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop details, material palettes and furnishings which are consistent with the design direction and support of the overall quality of the project.
- Lead a team to produce a complete project document set and selections that meet the design intent and client's expectations on time and within budget.
- Responsible for construction phase contract administration.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of building codes and industry standards
- Communicate methods to improve the "project process" to the team leadership.
- Assist in proposal/marketing efforts and participate in presentations.
- Follow up and pass on leads to the appropriate individuals.
- Promote office capabilities on current projects to increase scope of work.
- Maintain base state registration, and professional affiliations.
- Encourage team members to achieve their potential by assigning challenging, yet attainable, project tasks.
- Guide training and development of less experienced staff.
May directly supervise Designers and Interior Designers to include training, leading, planning, assigning and directing work; performance planning and aiding in problem resolution. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Majority of time is spent in sitting position.
Ability to move throughout the office either by walking or through assisted means.
Ability to participate in site visits either by walking or through assisted mean.
Must be able to lift product samples generally under 20 pounds with or without assistance.
Business travel up to 30%.
ConstructionView all jobs at Cooper Carry