Distribution Center Warehouse Receiving Manager
Cooper-Booth Wholesale Company is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Cooper-Booth Wholesale Company and Transportation Co. as a front-line manager. You will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering tools, processes, and operations.
As a Receiving Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Cooper-Booth associates in a distribution environment.
Your focus will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. As a Receiving Area Manager, you will ensure that your team of Cooper-Booth associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift. A core function of this role is engaging with your team during a shift to ensure that the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, performance, and engagement are maintained.
Fulfillment is how we complete a customer's order through picking, packing, shipping, and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 10 to 15 Cooper-Booth associates.
- Communicate policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed.
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
- Support all safety programs, and OSHA, and HAACP compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention.
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Provide the management team with a written document at the end of each shift listing the shifts activities.
- Develop performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Analyzing date to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements.
- Manage receiving of both Ambient and Perishable products.
- Ensures that all receipts of shipments are verified against purchase orders.
- Ensure that all deliveries are properly received, identified, and put away to prevent damage and losses
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work productively and independently
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Proper sense of urgency with all levels of management and employees
- Strong Receiving and warehouse skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Job Elements: Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Stand/walk for 10 to 12 + hours.
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency.
- Access all areas of the building, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation.
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head.
Bachelor's degree (B. A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or Comparable experience managing and leading a warehouse receiving department
- Degree in business, operations, supply chain, management, science, technology, engineering, math, or a related field.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to drive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- DOT knowledge preferred, but not required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and Human Resource systems.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Cooper-Booth Wholesale CompanyMountville, PA
Transportation and StorageView All Cooper-Booth Wholesale Company Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.