Cooling & Winter LLC, a multi-state Creditor’s Rights Law Firm seeks part-time Document Review Attorney.
Under the supervision of Partners and Managing Attorneys, the Document Review Attorney position involves reviewing account-level delinquent receivables to ensure that required documentation is evident and compliant before sending an initial demand for repayment to the responsible parties.
· Review account-level documentation to determine whether next action is appropriate
· Pre-legal review of documents to confirm proof of client legal claims
· Review of pleadings in preparation of filing civil actions
· Ensure Legal Compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations impacting the firm
· Communicate and work with other departments to achieve firm and client goals
· Understands rules of civil procedure, evidence and professional conduct
· Demonstrated ability to communicate proficiently (written and verbal)
· Organizational skills
· Intermediate to Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
· General Math Skills, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, and Documentation Skills
· Task oriented with the ability to individually prioritize based on job requirements
· Time management skills
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
· Juris Doctor Degree
· License to Practice Law
· Law school graduates not yet licensed to practice may be considered
· 1-2 years litigation or document review experience
· Understanding of legal collections process and the key events that make‐up the life cycle of a file
· License to Practice Law in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina or South Carolina
NOTE: For consideration all candidates for hire must successfully complete pre-employment requirements including: pre-employment drug screen; pre-employment background and prior employment verifications.
Candidates only - no agencies, please.