Refrigeration Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
This is an entry-level position for service. This position is responsible to assist in the repair and overhaul equipment, refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides entry-level assistance service to the customer base by repairing and overhauling equipment, such as compressors, water pumps, air handlers, electrical and mechanical control devices in a safe, efficient and timely manner that exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment, such as air conditioning units, evaporative condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces, compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the customer base.
- Provides department support by processing job tickets, work orders to the necessary department in a timely manner.
- Provides support by picking up, delivering and installing cases.
- Drives company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
- High school diploma/GED
- EPA certification
- Certification from an accredited vocational-technical or trade school a plus!
- Good driving record.
- 0-2 years’ experience in commercial refrigeration, HVAC, ice machines, gas furnace and electrical required.
- Ability to install cases and troubleshoot.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
ManufacturingView all jobs at CoolSys