Hvac Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration, and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
This position is responsible for installation of refrigeration systems following customer specifications, applicable building code and proper piping practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support on construction job by piping cooler boxes and refrigeration cases, including electrical wiring as required to complete the project.
- Provides the required installation of pipe hangers as directed by the foreman.
- Provides construction support by welding and slip hosing copper pipes, and assists the foreman as needed on the job.
- Provides support by handing cooler box coils and installing new supermarket refrigeration systems or remodeling existing supermarket refrigeration systems.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent work experience and trade or technical school classes
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry preferred and hands on field experience in commercial refrigeration, electrical and/or fixtures construction.
- EPA Certification (Type II)
- Experience in copper brazing, market remodeling.
- Good driving record.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and ability to wire installations.
- Knowledge of carpentry.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and piping of refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fittings, and ability to pipe refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration, electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to hang evaporation coils and install overhead hangers.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and good mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Opportunities available NATIONWIDE!
- State of the are training facility to invest in YOUR career growth.
- Career growth – WE promote from within!
- Industry leading healthcare package with 401(K) matching (50% up to 8%)
- Consistent company growth with stability.
- Competitive pay.
- Yearly performance appraisals.
- Dispatched directly from home, company vehicle provided, and gas card.
Coolsys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
AddressDaly City, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at CoolSys