Computer Lab Resource Assistant
- Expired: July 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Computer Lab Resource Assistant
Employment & Training Services Department (ETSD)
Education and Training Services Manager
The Computer Lab Resource Assistant is responsible for assisting participants with job searches, training, and self-sufficiency activities in the computer lab. In addition, this position works with staff, uses computers and Microsoft Office software, provides customer service, and answers questions from participants and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Train and instruct interns and Supported Work Experience (SWE) employees in the computer lab with lab duties and activities that assist participants with job searches and self-sufficiency-related activities.
- Assist with developing participant schedules and activities.
- Serve as the primary contact for ETSD’s computer lab activities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for ETSD’s badging and certification programs.
- Assist participants in obtaining badges and certifications.
- Obtain Microsoft Office Certifications in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook and ensure certifications remain up-to-date.
- Assist participants in applying for public assistance and other related programs online.
- Assist participants with resumes, cover letters, job searches, and other services.
- Direct and refer participants to appropriate departments within CITC.
- Update virtual job posting board.
- Refer company policy and procedure-related complaints to the program manager on time.
- Provide positive customer service and monitor the computer lab’s work environment to ensure adherence to quality safety and professional standards.
- Provide support to staff who have questions regarding computer lab activities.
- Implement CITC and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Discuss participant performance issues with the Education and Training Manager and other department leadership to identify causes and issues and resolve problems.
- Collect and update job and training available in the community.
- Develop monthly & quarterly reports for the computer lab.
- Attend all required meetings and take minutes when requested.
- Assist in teaching employability skills workshops.
- Assist in stuffing envelopes and mailing out flyers.
- Distribute CITC training calendars.
- Perform general clerical duties such as typing, writing, inputting information into the database, proofreading forms, answering phones, faxing documents.
- Clean and sanitize the computer stations and equipment daily.
- Cross-train with the ETSD reception desk to provide backup as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain participant confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Must know resume formats, type resumes, complete job applications, and assist others in their job search.
- Must be able to maintain composure in a very stressful and fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply program regulations that govern all employment and training services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the social, health, educational, training, and cultural needs of the Alaska Native and American Indian Community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using Microsoft Word and using basic computer programs.
Minimum Core Competencies: CITC Values, Professionalism, Emotional Intelligence, Problem Solving/Critical Thinking, Communication Skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in the Administrative Support field.
- Two years of experience in computer, IT helpdesk, or related support.
- Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
- Must obtain Microsoft Office Certifications within 90 days of employment.
- Prior experience providing customer service.
NATIVE PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975 (PL 93-638) and as further guided by CITC’s Native Preference Policy 6.120, CITC maintains preference in all phases of employment for Alaska Native, American Indian (AN/AI) and Native Hawaiian people, including direct lineal descendants and foster or traditionally adopted children. Also included are non-Native head of household members for Native families, which includes foster or traditionally adopted Native children.
Employee Print Name Date
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Cook Inlet Tribal Council Inc
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Cook Inlet Tribal Council Inc