Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
- Posted: over a month ago
Join our team in the Lab as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Wage starting at $23.38 depending on experience
- $4000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employer benefits (free wellness center membership, department discounts, etc.)
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing testing in all areas of the laboratory and maintenance of all equipment following CLIA regulations. The MLT must be able to work independently due to the amount of hours on call.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified by ASCP or NCA as a Medical
Laboratory Technician, CPR.
Education: Associate Degree in a Laboratory Science, or Medical Laboratory Technology, from an accredited institution.
Experience: Previous experience is preferred but not required.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s defined acceptable limits of performance;
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the laboratory supervisor;
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications;
- Function with awareness and application of safety issues as identified within the facility;
- Demonstrates knowledge and action in decision making;
- Demonstrates an awareness of self responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates in the competency testing program required by CLIA;
- Participates in teaching students;
- Participates in peer review and the laboratory quality assurance activities;
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills, using the lines of authority appropriately;
- Effective working relationships with all health care team members;
- Effective team worker within the laboratory;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Computer skills and knowledge of software (not all positions)
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance with facility-wide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively participated in the Compliance Program and demonstrate compliance with required laws and regulations (and ensures departmental compliance with regulatory requirements-managers).
- Actively participate in hospital mandatory education programs/in-services
- Meet attendance policy requirements.
- Meet competency requirements for this position.
- Maintain current Licensure/Registration/Certification (if applicable)
Job offers are contingent upon successful immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Individuals must be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning employment, fully vaccinated includes the booster dose. Exemptions are acceptable for religious or medical reasons.
The Cook Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Cook Hospital & Care Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Cook Hospital & Care Center