**LOCATION:** Cermak Health Services, 2800 S California Ave, Chicago, IL /Pharmacy
**SHIFT: **ROTATING SHIFTS 10AM - 6PM and 3PM - 11 PM (Rotating including weekends and holidays)
**_JOB SUMMARY _** ** _UNION RWDSU - LOCAL 200_**
Under supervision, provides pharmaceutical care to all areas of Pharmacy Services including Inpatient and Outpatient services.
* High school diploma or GED Equivalent **is required.**
* **Must**hold active certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)** or**Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT), **required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)**
* Licensure as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Illinois **is required.**
* **A minimum of one (1) year** of full-time work experience in a hospital as a Pharmacy Technician **is required.**
* **Must**demonstrate the ability to type at a corrected rate of 15 words per minute, **required.**
* Bilingual skills in English and Spanish **is preferred.**
**_**_PLEASE READ _**_**
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran**_must_:
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their **DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22** (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). **_Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable_**
* A copy of a **valid State ID Card or Driver's License** which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
**_If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference_**
**VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.**** **
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
**MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.**
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
**COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER**
*Job Posting:* Jul 15, 2019, 10:31:16 AM
*Closing Date:* Jul 29, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
*Organization:* Health and Hospital Systems
*Req ID:* 00123262