The Healthcare Analyst will assist Pharmacy Leadership with data collection/analysis, auditing hospital medication charges, and optimizing financial, operational and technological systems for Cook Children’s Medical Center Pharmacy Department. The Healthcare Analyst will recommend appropriate changes to strengthen controls, decrease expenses and improve reimbursement based on operational practices and medication purchase trends.
- Associates degree in health care, business, finance, accounting or related is required
- A basic knowledge of math, the metric system, chemistry, and medical terminology is essential
- Good telephone skills and oral/written communication skills are required
- Current knowledge of pharmacy and healthcare finance regulations and standard of practice preferred
- Experience as a pharmacy technician in an inpatient, acute hospital pharmacy setting is preferred but not required