Senior IT Applications Manager
- Expired: October 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This 'Digital Freight Network' is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We've been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We've also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock, Generation IM, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are a leader in financial and people systems and are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. As a senior program manager on the Applications team, you will play a critical role in managing the Workday People and/or Financials platform and related systems for Convoy.
- Work with G&A cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and drive projects towards successful completion
- Identify opportunities for financial application and reporting implementation, redesign, or process improvement
- Provide direct application administrative support across system
- Build a strong technical culture around our business systems that emphasize technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences
- Work alongside a high-performing team of application managers and analysts.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience owning, developing and scaling a world-class application program.
- 5+ years experience with IT systems and infrastructure including SaaS products like Workday HCM, Workday Financials, Adaptive Planning, Greenhouse, and Docebo
- Experience working in a similar tech environment preferred but not essential
- Good understanding of Finance and HR business processes and IT solution design to be able to engage meaningfully with the business stakeholders
- Experience creating financial and managerial reports, including Workday composite reports
- Experience capturing stakeholder input to produce effective action plans and recommendations to maximize existing integrations or create new ones
- Implemented system controls for access and change management for SOX compliance
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain system changes and functionality to all employees across Convoy
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
- On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
- On demand primary care through 98.6
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave program
- Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
- Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
- Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you're a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we'd love to hear from you!
TechnologyView all jobs at Convoy
Get fresh Trucking Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.