(Senior) System & Network Engineer
- Expired: March 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Convoso, we're constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That's where you come in. We're seeking a Systems and Network Engineer who will be responsible for assessing, designing, upgrading, and maintaining systems as well as brainstorming possible improvements that can be made to a system in the future.
What you will do:
- Manages and monitors installed systems, Networks, and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Defines customers' needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Design, plan and deploy network communications systems.
- Provide and communicate the best practices and specific detailed information for network hardware and software selection, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Provide documentation as required to ensure accurate and current information is available for each site network.
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation including network hardware and software selection, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Implements warranty and support activities.
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to support staff.
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency.
- Oversees the development of customized software and hardware requirements.
- Willing to stay up-to-date with security best practices and drive implementation accordingly
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Run diagnostics to resolve customer-reported issues
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years experience configuring enterprise-level network Linux systems, or equivalent devices with strong domain knowledge.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux-based environments.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills both spoken & written
- Strong troubleshooting skill in different network layers, esp. layer 2 & layer 3 up to layer 7
- Can diagnose protocol issues using packet analyzers like Wireshark etc.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Haproxy or Envoy/Varnish...)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS; AWS certification a plus
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, KVM/QEmu, Proxmox clusters...)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Prometheus, Zabbix, ...)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef, Ansible or Salt)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl / Ruby / Python); Golang a plus
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, VLANs, anycast, BGP, firewalls)
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with availability to work overtime
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Overview of Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- 100% covered premiums for employees for Medical, Dental, Basic life insurance, Long term disability
- Affordable Vision plan and optional FSA
- PTO, Paid Sick Time, Holidays, Bereavement time, Parental Leave
- Your birthday off
- 401k program with generous company match
- No cost Employee Assistance Program and Travel Assistance
- Monthly Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly credits toward food & beverage
- Leadership Development Program
- Company Outings
- On and offsite team building events
- Paid training for departments
- Apple laptop (most roles)
- And a team of highly experienced and kind colleagues!
- Casual office environment & dress
- Daily catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen (Dietary restriction-friendly)
- Happy Hours
- Monthly Massages
- On-site Car Wash
- Free Parking
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Convoso