Senior Software Engineer
ConvertKit is a powerful marketing platform built for creators, by creators. We help creators grow and monetize their audience with ease. For coaches, YouTubers, authors, podcasters, and other creatives, there isn’t a better marketing hub to rely on to grow audiences, automate email marketing, and sell digital products - all within one platform. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our creator marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
You’ll join the Builders Squad, the team of engineers responsible for building the suite of tools creators use to build their emails, landing pages, Creator Profile, and more. They build and support features that directly impact our growth, conversions, and churn.
The group cares deeply about creators and helping them along their journey. We’re looking for an engineer that enjoys the product side of product development; has empathy for the creators that we serve, and is eager to work in on a fast paced team that ships consistently.
To learn more about how our engineering team works, you can peruse our engineering blog.
- Own solving problems across the full stack in collaboration with your team
- Actively participate in driving the technical direction of our codebase
- Collaborate with team members across the organization
- At least 5 years building software in a team environment or equivalent experience. Years of experience doesn’t always capture expertise, so we encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate you’re well versed in building software in a team environment
- At least 2 years working professionally on a Ruby on Rails application - if you don’t have two years of experience but can demonstrate a confident grasp of Ruby on Rails, we encourage you to apply
- Experience writing code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
- Comfortable working remotely in an autonomous environment - you don’t mind asking questions and problem solving in public communication channels
- Able to work in US time zones - you don’t have to live in those time zones, but you have to be able to collaborate with your teammates during those times
- Belief in our mission, vision, and values
Nice to Haves
- Experience building and/or integrating with machine learning models.
- Experience with algorithms for surfacing relevant content to users based on shared traits or interests
- Experience with Elasticsearch
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at a level 3 ($147,000) or level 4 ($174,000), out of five levels. Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing - Learn about profit sharing and compensation at ConvertKit
- Twenty (20) days of paid time off during each year of employment
- Paid paid vacation: An after-tax bonus of $1,000 for taking five consecutive days of vacation where you’re fully unplugged from work
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,750 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- Two weeks of paid sick time each year, including mental health + well being days
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Childcare benefit up to $3,000 annually
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months=
- Gender affirming benefits
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years
- Individual learning + development budget ($3,500/year)
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- Fantastic in-person or virtual retreats with the team twice a year
How to Apply
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good of an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
Here’s what you can expect from the process:
- 30 min - Recruiter screen
- 30-45 min - Hiring Manager screen
- Homework Assignment
- 60 min - Technical Interview to discuss HW
- 60 min - Culture Contribution Chat
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.
Apply for this job
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.