Commercial Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 60 years, Converse Electric has been serving Columbus and the Central Ohio area in all types and sizes of electrical projects, specializing in commercial and industrial – with solutions including design/build, new construction, lighting control, fire alarm, remodels, additions, and more.
Our Project Managers…
Our ideal Project Manager, is personable and passionate about construction. With a sense of urgency, this vibrant and patient leader makes sure all available information has been gathered and considered before making informed decisions and is able to keep the overall picture in mind. Enthusiastic and supportive, this creative and trustworthy individual embraces the Converse Electric mission, vision, and values. Not afraid of having the tough conversations, this thick-skinned teammate embraces being held accountable and takes ownership of their projects. Composed under pressure, the right candidate is not afraid to have direct, open, and honest conversations while being adaptable, flexible and open to new ideas along the way.
This analytical, dependable, and thorough multi-tasker has great time management skills and is caring, upbeat, positive and confident in their own abilities and place in the company. The next Project Manager has high emotional intelligence and can manage crisis well. Utilizing their financial acumen and great communication skills (written and verbal, including listening), this level-headed negotiator uses sound judgement to proactively assess different levels of risk: knowing when to take the risk, when to minimize it, and understanding all the details of risk management.
The job responsibilities of the Project Manager include but are not limited to:
- Conduct risk management: anticipate and mitigate crisis by creating opportunity
- Effectively collaborate with field crews, working in detail towards successful project completion, including ordering required materials and executing accurate purchase orders
· Understand and interpret project documents, including blueprints, scope of work, proposals, contracts, schedules
- Effectively process RFI’s, change orders, pay applications, and project specific documents
- Ensure jobsite safety protocol is followed, including Site Specific Safety Plans for all projects and work collaboratively with the Director of Projects
- Monitor project financials through job costing reporting
- Ensure all project documentation is accurate and timely
- Maximize profit through efficient project management practices
- Meet or exceed all project timeline estimates
- Oversee the project buyout of commodities, bid packages, and subcontracted personnel
- 3+ years of commercial construction project management experience
- Problem solve and make decisions; keeping clients and employees informed of business decisions
- Initiative to drive results and to be involved in critical decisions
- Build trust and influence others, having the self-confidence to push back when required
- Proven track record of maximizing profit on construction projects
- Experience with project management or ERP software
- 5+ years of construction project management experience
- 5+ years of commercial electrical field work or similar experience
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field
- Previous experience and working knowledge of the N.E.C.
- Experience with ProCore, PlanGrid or similar software
- Experience working for a small business
- PMP certification
- 5+ years of commercial electrical estimating
- Annual bonus - based on personal and company performance
- Paid time off – including vacation time plus seven paid holidays
- Immediate eligibility in our 401k plan with company match
- Low-cost multiple option health insurance
- Affordable dental & vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and additional life insurance
Our Application Process…
We have three easy ways to apply:
- Email your resume through ZipRecruiter
- Visit our website to complete an application online at ConverseElectric.com/careers/
- Call us at 614-871-8700 x 21
We look forward to speaking with you!
Learn more about Converse Electric via our social media accounts - like, share & follow us on: Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/converseelectric), Instagram (@converseelectric) & Linked In (https://www.linkedin.com/company/converse-electric-inc).
Converse Electric takes charge and specializes in all types and sizes of commercial, industrial and residential electrical projects. Our solutions include value engineering, new construction, remodels and additions, design/build, lighting control and more. We train our team in-house and utilize a prefabrication process that not only saves time, but saves money.
Converse ElectricWhy Work Here?
Converse offers knowledge, work, growth, innovative ideas, a competitive wage and a skilled trade to our industry.
At Converse Electric, our energy comes from within. We’re a family-owned company, and we’ve been serving the communities around central Ohio since 1960. Our third-generation President Chris Converse isn’t just a businessman, he’s also a trained electrician who spent countless hours in the field learning from some of the best technicians in the industry before he moved up in the company. Our employees aren’t just a number, they fit with our family. Converse Electric takes charge and specializes in all types and sizes of commercial, industrial and residential electrical projects. Our solutions include value engineering, new construction, remodels and additions, design/build, lighting control and more. We train our team in-house and utilize a prefabrication process that not only saves time, but saves money.