Service Account Executive
Convergint Technologies Orange, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
1667 N Batavia St.
Orange, CA 92867
DurationContractDesired EducationHigh School / GEDDesired Experience3-5 Years
Minimum of three years of previous account development, high activity sales or relevant experience preferred.
Experience in related service contract sales or one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation
Previous experience in field services experience preferred but not required.
Responsible for generating new business and growing additional service sales to existing accounts in all lines of business. Specifically targeting service contract sales to maintain new and existing fire and security systems. The primary focus is the capture of new customers and expanding the service offerings of existing customers. This position requires a significant amount of cold calling and prospecting through industry specific networking opportunities. Prospecting and developing new client relationships within a defined geography or vertical market in line with identified priorities. Develops and increases Key and National Account relationships to drive increased service sales opportunities.
Job Scope/Revenue Expectations:
$250-$500K in Additional Service Revenue and maintaining previously assigned or sold accounts.
1. Sells Service Contracts for core business and competitive systems projects. Evaluates and targets potential customer opportunities within the market place. Develops and implements sales marketing strategies to penetrate multiple vertical markets (e.g. education, health care, industrial and commercial buildings). Focuses on consultants, owners and building managers with the support of internal colleagues to develop new business clientele.
2. Translates customer needs / requirements into detailed proposals and project plans to meet Customer requirements; reviews and approves estimated costs prior to bid; change proposals, assists with collections on accounts.
3. Communicates project requirements to project team and wider organization as and when required.
4. Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
5. Proactively communicates project schedules, project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis with customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
6. Manages the execution and review of all scope of work, terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, and quality of service and other customer requirements as they arise.
7. May coach and mentor developing colleagues.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
SkillsJob Skills Requirements:
Solid sales skills and ability to uncover effective customer service needs.
High activity and solid presentation skills
Ability to tract appointments and schedule follow up tasks for longer sales cycles.
Solid teamwork skills
Shows initiative engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
Very adaptable responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
Basic Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word and Power Point skills
Basic knowledge and understanding of IT networking principles
OtherCertifications & Licenses:
Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses a plus; must have valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
Protective Clothing Required:
The position may require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, steel-toed shoes or work boots, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the colleague may be required to climb and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. Position may also require work in confined spaces and exposure to different types of outdoor weather conditions. Risk of electrical shock and/or general hazards found in a construction environment are present. The colleague may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.
The position is an remote office-based position with visits to work sites in the field. The colleague regularly performs work-related travel.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers.