Convergint Technologies Richmond, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
2812 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228
DurationFull TimeDesired EducationHigh School / GEDDesired Experience3-5 Years
Must be familiar with Access Control Systems, Intrusion Systems, Intercom Systems, CCTV and other Video Recording Systems, Basic Server and Client Systems.
Responsibilities1. Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services a variety of non-routine systems and equipment which may include security, fire alarm & life safety. Colleague is key interface for the provision of technical support and training for the customer and as such is accountable for maximizing customer satisfaction. Refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
2. Reads basic blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures; Interprets manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
3. Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes a variety of non-routine programs for systems.
4. Acts as our customers best service provider at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customers first choice for service. Takes ownership of onsite project including safety, quality and performance.
5. May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution, systems audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
6. Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance, and warranty work.
7. Performs all work in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
8. May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements. May participate or assist with developing customer presentations or similar new business development activities.
9. Executes most of the technical aspects of multiple projects with varying timelines and budgets including programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and on-going technical support etc.
10. Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties and assist in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact and to control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
11. Works closely with the Project Manager and/or Operation Supervisors and assists in the overall coordination of specific projects; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
12. Using technical knowledge, skills and experience, acts as a mentor to less experienced staff. May supervise workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
SkillsExceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
Solid technical skills and experience related to building automation systems, electronic security systems, and/or fire alarm systems.
Solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Must be a self-starter and work well without supervision
Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper) and ability to read blueprints and drawings; solid math skills (for some positions, this may include calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.)
Frequent visits to job-sites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required. Valid drivers license required.
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Advanced computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and proficient in other relevant applications
Other3-5 years of industry experience in Access Control system installation.
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers.