If you are a Care Coordinator and preferably bi-lingual (English/Spanish) who is interested in a non-traditional role in the healthcare industry, please continue to review the responsibilities and requirements. My Personal Health Assistant, a health advocacy and navigation service, is growing. We are looking for a Personal Health Assistant (PHA) to provide personalized coordination of healthcare services, to selected covered individuals and their family members. The PHA will utilize a technology-driven approach to identify at-risk populations and work collaboratively with covered individuals to increase health awareness and implement strategies to drive member engagement, compliance with treatment plans, and improve healthcare and cost outcomes.
- Engage members and understand their healthcare needs from their perspective
- Educate members on lifestyle improvements and disease management (within appropriate licensure or through utilization of education protocols)
- Support members to navigate the healthcare system
- Utilize available claims-based technology resources to identify members who are most likely to benefit from PHA services
- Inform employees of both internal (employer-based) and external (community-based) resources available to support healthcare goals.
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing (MI) techniques to engage members
- Discuss, obtain, and document all required consent and HIPAA related forms to maintain compliance with both federal and state-level requirements
- Provide virtual (i.e. telephonic, e-communication) support services
- Implement standardized workflows to guide follow-up member communication and engagement
- Connect member with vendors and primary care team to ensure streamlined coordination of care
- Escalate select case conferences to experts for additional evaluation as needed
- Work collaboratively with team to maximize program efficiency within the MyPHA Service.
- Some travel locally and within the US, may be required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Degree in Healthcare or related field or other relevant healthcare experience such as behavioral health professionals, care coordination or clinical background, etc. strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience preferred
- CCM strongly preferred
- Wellness and Health Coaching Certificate, such as Real Balance preferred (or willingness to complete certification)
- Patient Education, case management, diabetic educator, care coordination background preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency utilizing necessary technology including computers, software applications, phone systems, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various members of employer and patient healthcare teams, as well as internal team
- Strong desire to influence health outcomes by educating clients, problem-solving, providing available options and resources, and providing navigation
- Ability to build trusted relationships through active listening, honesty, and compassion
- Ability and desire to deliver positive and exceptional client service every day.
- Bilingual (Proficiency in Spanish) strongly preferred
- Committed to health and safety
Key Competencies include:
- Listening and Communication
- Customer (Member) Focus
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
Job Type: Full Time