IT Projects Technical Team Leader
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Professional Services Technical Team Leader (PSTTL) will collaborate with other Team Leaders, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, vCIO’s, Technical Staff, and Clients to ensure the smooth technical delivery of projects throughout our organization. As this is a fast-paced, detail-oriented position, you must be comfortable working with people at all technical skill levels, and on tight deadlines. The Professional Services Technical Team Leader will also act as the technical standards, training and escalation leader for all client facing projects, as well as directly managing our Systems Integrators and Senior Systems Integrators. As a Professional Services Technical Team Leader, your input will heavily influence the design and technical role out of our project management process. If you enjoy communication, problem-solving, time-management and defining Convergence’s deployment standards, then the Professional Services Team Leader job is perfect for you.
Reports To: Director of Professional Services Supervises: 8-14
What does our Professional Services Technical Team Leader do?
- Contribute to the organizational efforts to drive a strong company culture, continuing with transparent communication and a clear vision of companywide strategies and initiatives. Be responsible for both leading, as well as managing the staff and processes within your team(s).
- Provide coaching and leadership to the Professional Services technical team members, ensuring that team members are held accountable for their work and receive regular feedback.
- Ensure that the Professional Services technical team is achieving its technical goals, KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Coordinate post project reviews for scoped projects to ensure that we are continually benefitting from lessons learned.
- Work with team leads, project managers, technical staff, and vCIO’s to ensure that all project milestones and deadlines are met technically.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of project scopes and particulars (i.e., timeframes, financials, etc.) for projects on our project catalog.
- Work with other team leaders and team members to define and refine formal escalation and review processes for our entire project lifecycle.
- Review, Improve, document, and train the Professional Services technical teams on Convergence Standard Operating Procedures for delivery projects and IMAC’s.
- From time to time undertake some project work to maintain technical ability to improve project standards. 20% to 40% of your time may be made available to complete project work.
What skills do I need to be a successful Professional Services Technical Team Leader?
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and adaptable.
- Patience, empathy, confidence, and customer service skills. You will be working with a myriad of businesses, technologies, applications, and personalities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills at all levels internally and externally, interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and other Cloud service offerings.
- A basic understanding of project management methodology.
- A strong working knowledge of ConnectWise and the ConnectWise Project Module.
- Ability to read and disseminate a Project Scope Document and can convert the relevant information into Project Phases and Milestones.
- Network Administrator level skillset, or higher, to help facilitate project, resource, and emergency management.
- Strong interest in continuous process improvement and the willingness to identify problems, propose solutions and follow through on implementing changes.
- Intimate knowledge of all functions of the Professional Services Team and the ability to explain these to other departments and non-technical end users.
What are the qualifications I need to have?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, which may include leading a service team in a similar capacity, Project Coordination, Project Management, or Project Administration.
- 8+ years experience working in the IT Industry.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Would be awesome if you had…
- ITIL and other IT Certifications.
- CAPM, PgMP, and PMP certifications.
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field of study.
- MSP experience.
What is the physical work environment like?
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, using hands, seeing, reaching, talking, and hearing. May need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some after-hours work will be required. You may complete some work remotely.
How often will I get formal feedback on how well I’m doing?
- Six-month performance reviews, with every second review a performance and salary review.
- Performance review goals will be established between you and your team leader.
Why should you work here?
- Awesome, inclusive corporate culture: We have worked very hard to create a culture of unity, transparency, and trust. Our leadership team wants you to be successful, and we will do anything we can to support your personal and professional growth.
- Salary based upon on what you bring to the table.
- Shared group/health benefits plans, including a retirement plan.
- Education and certification reimbursement is also available so we can help you move up the ranks.
- Flexible schedule to fit your family’s needs.
- Outstanding teammates; we’re very selective to make sure we have the best staff available for you to work alongside!
- Many teambuilding and company events throughout the year so you can get to know your teammates on a more personal level, as well as kick back and have some fun (families are oftentimes included as well).
If this sounds like your type of place and you can wow us with your spectacular skill set, then we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite diversity in our applicants; our differences make us stronger! We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates of all races, sexes, colours, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, and gender identities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process.
TechnologyView all jobs at Convergence Networks