ControlSoft Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time senior process control application engineer. The person hired will be a member of ControlSoft’s project execution team and will participate in the full cycle of specification, design, prototyping, development, testing, deployment and commissioning of process control solutions.
The candidate should be a career minded, self motivated individual having a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a field of engineering (Systems and Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred). Having extensive experience working with process controls in a process manufacturing facility (oil refinery, power plant, chemical plant, glass production, etc.) is a firm requirement. The selected candidate will be based in ControlSoft, Inc. headquarters in Highland Heights Ohio and should be willing to travel domestically and internationally as the business dictates.
ControlSoft Inc. is a well-established Cleveland-based company providing control solutions to process and power generation industries with origins and ties to Case Western Reserve’s School of Engineering. ControlSoft has a policy of non-discrimination in its hiring and pays competitive salary. Benefits include a 401K plan (with company matching), and a company supported health insurance plan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, deploying, testing, troubleshooting and documenting process control solutions in industrial applications
- Applying advanced control techniques to industrial processes
- Analyzing Return on Investment (ROI) for our solutions to help customers justify their investments
- Diagnosing the root cause of process control issues
- Tuning PID controllers executing in customer’s DCS/PLC systems
- Providing technical support to sales staff for customer presentations
- Training customer personnel on the use of our software and the design of delivered solutions
- Drafting and presenting technical papers of successful projects at industry conferences and trade shows
- Providing technical support to existing clients who are experiencing difficulty with our products or solutions
- Working in cooperation with the Sales team to develop customer proposals. Developing engineering time estimation algorithms for various types of projects.
- Testing new versions of our various software products as they are released from Product Development
Education / Qualifications
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a field of engineering; Systems and Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred.
- A minimum five years of experience in designing and commissioning industrial process controls is a firm requirement.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor an individual for an employment visa for this job opening.
Job Requisition Number
When submitting your resume, please include Position No. 2020-ENG-2001.
ControlSoft Inc. is a well-established Cleveland-based company providing control solutions to process and power generation industries with origins and close ties to the Case School of Engineering. ControlSoft has the policy of non-discrimination in its hiring and pays competitive salary. ControlSoft's employees benefit from 401K plan, bonus-based-on-profit plan, and company supported health insurance plan.