- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, and coordinate the work efforts on projects assigned, including the development of
detailed engineering schedules
• Responsible for all phases of projects assigned in accordance with the Engineering Department
• Efficiently perform all functions and duties of all lower-level mechanical engineering positions
• Participate in the appropriate meetings to understand the upcoming project and the development of
identifying key dates to accomplish project completion
• Recommend to supervision when and how many people and hours of work are needed to accomplish the
“key dates” as scheduled
• Attend and participate in all customer design review meetings for design approvals. Take all
pertinent meeting notes on projects assigned.
• Interpret all specifications and standards
• Perform comparative analysis of designs and drawings, to ensure conformance to company and customer
standards, specifications, and good engineering practices.
• Perform conceptual design work and carry out actual design utilizing latest AutoCAD software
• Follow all action logs to assure all items are being completed by target dates
• Ensure that designs and all purchased components and parts will function and perform their intended
• Perform machine and/or design FMEA’s for final design conformance to all requirements on projects
• Generate machine and/or system detailed sequence of operation within cycle times and cylinder sizes,
motor sizes, etc.
• Perform field service as required (both domestic and international)
• Maintain customer contact as needed Travel expectations are 25% or less
Advanced knowledge with recent software such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems:
• NX or Solidworks
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows XP or higher
Education and/or Experience
• Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent in education and/or experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in design and build of Assembly and/or Test Machines Systems
• Minimum of 5 years experience as Designer and/or Project Engineer in a similar industry
• BSME in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-10 years experience in design and build of Assembly and/or Test Machines and/or Systems
• Pervious project management and leadership training
Control System Integrators
AddressSterling Heights, MI
Get fresh Assistant Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.