This is an excellent opportunity for a professional ready to move ahead in a great career. Founded in 1983, Control Micro Systems, Inc. is a manufacturer of high tech laser-based material processing systems. We have a need for an experienced Mechanical Designer.
- Develop machine models of frames, doors and panels, laser positioning systems and product transport and customer product processing fixtures utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Sourcing machine components on the Internet such as linear actuators, pneumatic components, couplings, fasteners, gearboxes, rotary actuators, conveyors, clamps, sensors, bearings, etc..
- Knowledge of physical properties and strengths of materials and calculating loads on equipment
- Work in partnership with Project Management, Machine Shop and Mechanical Assembly crew with engineering support and resolve problems throughout the machine build and test process
- Proactively participate in the Production Meeting Team environment and follow the direction and leadership of senior staff
Education and Experience:
· Proficiency with 3D CAD industrial design modeling software, Solid Edge preferred
· 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree a plus
· A strong engineering and mechanical aptitude with equipment hands-on capabilities
· Previous Machine Shop experience is highly desirable
· Knowledge of ANSI drawing standards, drawing layouts, dimensioning and fit tolerances
· MS Office Suite proficiency (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
· Strong written and oral communication skills
We offer competitive pay, commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefit package which includes:
2 weeks paid personal time for first 3 years. 3 weeks paid personal time starting 4th year.
10 paid holidays per year
Medical leave 40 hours per year with Drs note.
Medical and Dental insurance are available with partial payment by company.
Vision and Life insurance are available at the employee’s expense
Short term and Long term Disability insurance paid by company.
For immediate consideration, please submit salary requirements with your resume.