IT Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $105,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Control Concepts, founded in 1980, designs and manufactures precision high performance power controllers for critical industries such as semiconductor, technical glass, automotive manufacturing and water purification. We specialize in designing both custom OEM and stock power controllers for the general industrial market using our unique technical expertise, including on-site testing laboratories, automated manufacturing, and design engineering. Our controllers utilize Silicon Thyristor and Silicon Carbide Mosfet switches along with instrument grade power measurement to control loads ranging from 3 kW to 1.5 MW. We are looking for a special candidate to increase IT resources and assume a leadership position when the current team member retires in late 2023.
Position Opened Oct 1, 2022
Reports to President / General Manager
Status: Full-time Regular
Location: Chanhassen, MN
Remote Work Availability: Primarily onsite, remoting as necessary
Hours: Normal 8 – 5 work-week, flexibility for after-hours upgrades.
Travel: As required - up to 10%
The IT Systems Administrator has site responsibility for all things information technology: Server Management, PC Deployment / Support, Internet / Firewall, IT Security, Cloud Management, ERP System, Shipping Integrations, Manufacturing Test System Network
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support LANs, VLANs, WANs, Internet, and intranet network segments.
- System design interoperability.
- Primary support person for Epicor’s ‘Kinetic’ ERP software. Ability to learn all areas of the software, write reports in SQL Report Service, make customizations where necessary in C#, administer the part configurator (must understand the concept of multi-level bill of materials) and ensure utilization of the ERP software to the fullest extent.
- Manage 3rd party financial ERP integrations with VISA / Sales Tax processor.
- Manage/troubleshoot our VMware environment and all servers: Install updates, create backups, monitor logs, add users, and interface with 3rd party support as needed.
- Manage Windows/Linux Servers and SAN in VMware environment.
- Manage network authentication and security.
- Manage/troubleshoot PCs/laptops & printers: Support users having knowledge of all software and hardware used and configuring new equipment, replacing hardware components as necessary.
- Manage/troubleshoot all network equipment: Ensure firewall, switches, APs, etc. are available, secured and interfacing with 3rd party support as needed.
- Manage/troubleshoot phone, alarm, paging, door entry, shipping and labeling systems.
- Manage/troubleshoot Office 365 on hosted Exchange server. Train users, address user issue, manage the Exchange server.
- Write programs that ease other departments workload and/or monitors the SQL data to ensure data integrity.
- Specify hardware and software as needed for the company.
- Work with engineering to support Manufacturing Test Systems.
- Supply data and reports to other departments as needed.
- Develop recommendations for future upgrades.
- Other duties as they may arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, degree or equivalent
- 10+ years as IT System Administrator
- 5+ years managing VMWare, Windows Server Management, Linux
- 5+ years managing firewalls, VPN, security
- 5+ years Office 365 management
- 5+ years C# and SQL report writing
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise
- 5+ Years working with ERP/ MRP/ Capacity Planning/ MPS systems
- Epicor ERP/ MES software
- Team oriented, ability to gain consensus through collaboration
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an equal opportunity employer, it is the policy of Control Concepts to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees or applicants for employment without regard to any legally-recognized basis including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
Control Concepts, Inc.
8077 Century BlvdChanhassen, MN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?