Coopersville, MI based construction company seeks a full time CDL-A driver for Over The Road trucking work.
- Maintain a log book to record miles covered and hours travelled and ensure that all necessary documentation with respect to freight is filled and submitted.
- record damages and shortages incurred.
- Observe and comply with all traffic regulations – federal, state and local
- Inspect assigned vehicle regularly to identify and repair minor faults, and to report major mechanical breakdown to a skilled mechanic
- Assist in the loading and unloading of goods or equipment to be transported
- Communicate with the dispatcher, supervisor, or clients using wireless devices or on-board computer systems
- Ensure safe transportation and delivery of freight to designated locations
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is always neat and tidy
- carry out other regular upkeep like inflating the tires, refueling, changing oil and water, and tightening nuts and bolts
- Report any delay that may affect the timely delivery of freight to the dispatcher and client
- Report any accident incurred during transporting the freight to the driver manager immediately
- Report any damage of freight incurred during transportation to the supervisor or dispatcher
- Pay tolls and other necessary vehicle levies.
- Flexible time schedule. Occasional short notice ability.
- Experience in general labor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- CDL-A holder, with clear record.
- Clean background/drug screens
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel)
- Ability to excel in a fun, but fast-paced yet accurate environment.
Job Type: Full-time. Pay is per mile (drivers average between 50 and 54 cents per mile) Healthcare through Blue Cross, dental, vision, 401k with match, disability insurance, etc.
Powered by JazzHR