Program Officer I, Advancement of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. Bureau of Democracy, Human
Contracting Resources Group, Inc. (CRG) is a Woman-Owned Small Business, specializing in several core markets within the Federal Government. Our professional services depth includes program management and evaluation, strategic communications, acquisitions management, and IT solutions. CRG is a leading management consulting firm, in part because of our ability to attract the highest quality team members through our emphasis on culture, competitive compensation, and benefits packages. Since 2002, CRG has consistently received top performance ratings from customers and teaming partners and industry awards, including Inc. Magazine's 5000 list of the Fastest Growing Companies in America, the Department of Labor HireVets Platinum Medallion award, and the Washington Business Journal, Inc. 5000, and Baltimore Sun's Best Places to Work awards.
CRG is seeking a full-time Program Officer to provide support to the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor's Office of Global Programs (DRL/GP) at the U.S. Department of State.
The Program Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective execution of program requirements: establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, and advocacy; determining whether funding is warranted and available and assessing activities to determine funding requirements; analyzing program and budget proposals and presenting them to the State Department and interagency panels; preparing justification or recommendation memoranda for review and approval by appropriate officials; and providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants. The Program Officer assists with Departmental briefings to congressional staffers on these programs.
The Program Officer represents and communicates DRL's program objectives to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund and Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include, but not be limited to, regional bureaus, Office of Acquisitions Management, Office of the Legal Advisor, Congressional Liaison office, Office of Management and Budget and USAID offices. They liaise and consult on program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds. They will respond to Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives. They will also provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding the USG and DRL grants processes.
The Program Officer maintains, updates and develops as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of Democracy Fund, HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds; and tracks the award of grants.
The Program Officer will apply internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material; report instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official; assume full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assignment area(s).
Program Officer Duties:
- With supervision, coordinate with the Grants Officer Representative in the administration and coordination of programs.
- Assist Team Lead to manage and coordinate program funding during the fiscal year
- Help develop goals, objectives and programs for utilization of foreign assistance funding
- Monitor budget and activity execution to ensure program objectives are met
- Collect grant application documentation for review by decision-making panels who will nominate grant recipients within available funding levels
- Liaise with offices involved in administration, financial planning and acquisition of program funding
- Skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to the other DRL program staff and senior personnel on grant issues
- Work closely with the Team Lead in pre-award, award, and ongoing management and monitoring of programs globally
Manage a portfolio in coordination with the Team Lead and Subject Matter Experts
- Attend stakeholder workshops and conferences on topics related to their duties and responsibilities, provide program monitoring and technical assistance to grantees, while supporting the FTE
- Must have a strong understanding of different types of foreign assistance funds
- Awareness of the requirements and understanding of 2 CFR 200
- Must be able to travel globally to highly sensitive areas as needed
- Experience working in professional, fast-paced and demanding environments
- The ability to manage competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Must be able to obtain security clearance
Bachelors' degree with 5-7 years of experience or a master's degree with 3-5 years of experience will be reviewed for position.
Contracting Resources GroupWashington, DC
BusinessView All Contracting Resources Group Jobs
Get fresh Program Officer I, Advancement of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. Bureau of Democracy, Human jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.