Business Warehouse Consultant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Contoro is an Austin-based robotics startup that has an innovative robotic arm and telemanipulation technology. We are looking for a consultant who can support the business development process of Contoro to enter the warehouse automation market. The consultant needs to have a wide range of knowledge, experience, and network in the warehouse industry.
The ideal candidate should have a good knowledge and experience of the warehouse industry. Local to Austin is preferred. The candidate will need to be able to travel occasionally for business related duties.
-Hybrid position (remote and on-site)
-Contract Job, Project length: 3-6 months
-Expected work hours: 10-20 hours / week.
We are looking for a talented individual who will help us:
- Obtain general knowledge of the local warehouse industry.
- Interview various types of 20-50 warehouse customers and understand their needs.
- E.g., interviewing an HR manager of a distribution center to understand the labor shortage problem for box unloading from delivery trucks
- Understand the environment of the tasks
- E.g., what is the type of items (size, weight) they are handling? What is the available space for the tasks?
- After the interviews, we will analyze the market and determine which market/customer group is the most feasible and promising.
- Develop the technical requirements of our solution to solve the problems of our first target customers.
- Educate the Contoro team about the warehouse environments and tasks.
- E.g., what types of warehouses exist? What are the tasks in the warehouses? What are the challenges for the tasks and in the environments?
- Introduce various types of 20 - 50 potential customers and end-users (e.g., warehouse manager, floor plan engineer, warehouse workers), visit the warehouse with an engineer of Contoro together, and interview the potential customers in Texas (Austin preferred).
- E.g., visit a local FedEx distribution center, and interview a manager of distribution center workers about their tasks and difficult parts.
- Review and revise interview reports written by the Contoro engineer
- Participate in the business decision meetings and give opinions.
Contoro Inc.Why Work Here?
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision, 401k matching, GREAT work-life balance, flexible work times and great people!
Contoro is an Austin-based robotics startup that focuses on innovative robotic arm and telemanipulation technology.
1807 W. Braker Ln. C500 AustinAustin, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Contoro Inc.