The Mobile Building Engineer plays an integral in the operation, maintenance, and repair operations of buildings serviced by Continuum. The Mobile Building Engineer will professionally respond to tenant requests and the public as required. Effectively and efficiently operate and maintain all HVAC and MEP equipment. Serve as a Systems Operator. Perform as well as supervise maintenance work. Provide engineering fill-in across portfolio of managed properties as required and maintain schedules to ensure that time allocations are consistently met across multiple locations.
- Must have minimum of 3 years building engineering experience commensurate with position being filled (i.e. high-rise building, low rise,).
- A city of Detroit High Pressure Boiler Operator’s License / 1st Class Refrigeration Operator License is preferred, but not required
- EPA 608 Universal Certification is preferred, but not required
- Possess competent knowledge on the methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment and systems
- Ability to interact with multiple teams and take direction from multiple managers
- Be self-motivated and able to work unsupervise
- Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while at the property and maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Intermediate working knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical control devices and BAS systems
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, i.e., socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.
- Knowledge of power tools (pneumatic, electric, or engine drive) drill motors, saws, grinder, impact wrenches, and drain cleaner, etc.
- Ability to use basic measuring and recording equipment such as temperature indicators, pressure gauges, and voltage testers
- Ability to use deductive logic for troubleshooting equipment
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software such as Workspeed
- Great communications ability, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants, contractors, and the general public in a positive and professional manner
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Operate, maintain, and repair all electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and MEP equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on HVAC mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: changing air filters, lubricating bearings and friction surfaces, adjusting drive belts, cleaning equipment, cleaning mechanical rooms, painting mechanical rooms and equipment, and performing routine inspections of mechanical rooms and equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical equipment and perform installations including, but not limited to: motors and motor starters, variable Frequency Drives, lighting systems and controls, raceway and wiring systems, electro-mechanical control systems, transformers, fuses, breakers, ground fault interrupters, low voltage communications/control wiring and terminations, and electricity metering and monitoring systems
- Maintain, operate, and repair chiller systems including, but not limited to: annual inspections, tube cleaning, leak checking, and safety controls (check).
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems including, but not limited to: restroom fixtures (toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets, flush valves, valves, dispensers, etc.), sanitary and storm water drainage piping, traps, and vents, tenant equipment (sinks, faucets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, coffee makers, ice makers, etc.), and pumps (alignment, annual inspections, greasing of all friction surfaces, etc.)
- Maintain and repair architectural systems and finishes including, but not limited to: locks and door hardware, restroom partitioning systems, rails and barrier systems, minor repairs to ceiling, wall, and floor systems, minor repairs to tenant furniture systems, install pictures, signs, cabinets, racks, enclosures, etc.
- Properly record and maintain meter readings, service request forms, and preventative maintenance forms, and various inspection logs
- Induce water treatment chemicals at proper amounts and times in heating and cooling systems
- Perform chemical analysis tests as set forth by the supervisor, reporting any abnormalities and substandard results
- Assume additional duties as delegated by Chief Engineer
- Working conditions: Indoors: 80%, Outdoors: 20%
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to work standing all day.
- Ability to access remote work areas, i.e., crawl spaces, roofs.
- Ability to use olfactory, auditory and visual senses.
- Ability to utilize full manual dexterity (i.e. sitting, squatting, bending, crawling, kneeling, lifting, walking, manipulating tools with limbs extended).
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to accommodate varying work schedules
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed
Building Technician Able Building Maintenance Building Maintenance Engineer General Building Maintenance Building Maintenance Technician Building Engineer Building Maintenance Worker Building Maintenance Management Commercial Building Maintenance Engineer Building Maintenance Supervisor Office Building Maintenance Commercial Building Commercial Building Cleaning Building Maintenance Services Maintenance Building Services Commercial Maintenance Building Maintenance Hospital Building Maintenance
Continuum Services is a single-source provider with proven expertise, dependability, and scalability in four key areas: facility operations, exterior services, technical services, and environment services. Headquartered in a newly renovated office in Farmington Hills, Continuum is the go-to full-service solution for interior and exterior facility operations, maintenance, and repair. Facilities serviced by CONTINUUM have earned such prestigious accolades as the ENERGY STAR® for superior energy performance, BOMA’s Office Building of the Year® (TOBY) Award and CEL’s National Real Estate “A” List Award for Service Excellence. Helping employees develop and become highly skilled professionals who deliver best in class solutions to our clients is what we're all about - join us today!
Continuum Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a safe, healthy, and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing
Why Work Here?Continuum Services is a single-source provider with proven expertise, dependability, and scalability in four key areas: facility operations, exterior services, technical services, and environment services. Headquartered in a newly renovated office in Farmington Hills, Continuum is the go-to full-service solution for interior and exterior facility operations, maintenance, and repair. Facilities serviced by CONTINUUM have earned such prestigious accolades as the ENERGY STAR® for superior energy performance, BOMA’s Office Building of the Year® (TOBY) Award and CEL’s National Real Estate “A” List Award for Service Excellence. Helping employees develop and become highly skilled professionals who deliver best in class solutions to our clients is what we're all about - join us today!
Rapidly growing company with great potential to grow and advance within the company.