Continuum Rehab Group, an in-house rehab management company, is currently seeking a motivated PT to join our team of stellar Therapists at our SNF in Ft. Worth, TX! This position is consistent PRN, we are looking for someone who is available 20-25 hours/week.
Responsible for helping patients recover and rehabilitate from the effects of a serious illness, injury or medical event, regaining their own best possible level of functional ability, well-being and independence. Provides services to improve strength and function, restore more efficient movement, improve flexibility and aid patients in restoring mobility and/or improving balance and gait after hip fractures and other orthopedic injuries, medical illness, or as they recover from joint replacement procedures.
• Provide care of residents who seek short-term/transitional care with the goal to recover and rehabilitate from the effects of serious illness, injury or medical event, regaining their own best possible level of functional ability, well being and independence.
• Demonstrate clinical reasoning in synthesizing complex evaluation data identifying diagnosis and developing a comprehensive plan of care.
• Develop and implement individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce and enhance performance.
• Identify need for and make referral to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
• Instruct, educate and train patients and caregivers in the skills and functions essential for promoting patient independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
• Supervise Physical Therapist Assistants, provisional licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
• Prepare for upcoming therapy sessions by organizing the treatment locations based on the patient’s needs.
• Clean therapy area and set up any needed and necessary equipment.
• Watch the patient’s development during therapy sessions and make notes on how the patient is responding. Therapists and physical therapy assistants use these notes and reports to evaluate the usefulness and helpfulness of specific treatments for patients.
• Evaluate a patient's condition, develop a treatment plan; instruct the nursing staff and the patient's families on follow-through programs that build on the progress they've made.
• Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
• Perform age appropriate competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patients’ problems.
• Follow intervention protocols and alter plan of care appropriately.
• Discharge patient when goals have been met or medical necessity is no longer warrants intervention.
• Work cooperatively with supervisors and peers to contribute to the overall productivity of the team.
• Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
• Facilitates performance improvement in key department operational performance measures, and conducts ongoing evaluation of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency. Identifies problems and formulates solutions to achieve prudent resource utilization and business objectives.
• Oversees preparations of rehabilitation services for licensure certification surveys.
• Ensures adherence to OBRA and survey compliance for optimal patient care.
• Educates staff regarding Medicare regulations and oversees adherence to all guidelines for optimal reimbursement.
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or assigned at any time with or without notice.
Amy Barrilleaux | Director of Talent Acquisition
Continuum Rehab Group