Safety & Training Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CPS firmly believes that our employees are the heart of our success. Through teamwork, dedication, and CPS guidelines, our employees thrive individually and as a whole. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications, but not limit one to specified duties, to ensure individual and group success.
The Safety & Training Supervisor will be responsible for the development of the Safety & Training program company wide. The Safety & Training Supervisor designs, develops, authors, and manages company safety & training policies, standards, programs and processes to: a) ensure regional compliance with applicable local, regional, national and federal safety regulations, directives and standards; and b) mitigate, prevent or control safety risks arising from company operations and business activities
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Ensure the facility meets the requirements of federal OSHA and state safety regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations and translates these into policy/practice for the company.
- Write, implement, and maintain all safety programs, policies and documentation; ensures that the appropriate programs/systems are in place to adhere to policies/procedures that remove workplace risks.
- Conduct and organize all incident reviews, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Work with all employees to encourage broad engagement in all safety programs.
- Organize and facilitate the Safety Committee for the facility.
- Examine potential unsafe working conditions, and advise management on safety related concerns.
- Conduct safety audits and perform facility inspections to review practices and drive continuous improvement.
- Maintain and update site safety equipment.
- Act as a change agent to drive continuous improvement of safety.
- Create job specific training modules
- Gatekeeper to all training documentation.
- Identify and assess the learning needs of the organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Department Managers.
- Manage companywide training, development and validation of performance for all personnel.
- Vision, hearing and speaking to meet performance standard
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, lift, climb, bend, stoop, squat, walk, manual dexterity and large motor skills to work with the following tools: computers and other basic office equipment, files, portable stairs, transport carts
- The ability to safely lift and carry up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis
- The bulk of this job will be performed in a typical office environment, with office equipment. However, it requires regular time in the production and warehouse areas and therefore, the ability to work in an environment that may contain non-toxic fumes, dust, odors, moderate level noise, and temperature & ventilation variations while wearing any appropriate safety and/or protective clean room apparel required i.e.: safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves, hair net, beard net, uniform and/or lab coat.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Continuum Packing Solutions
Get fresh Supervisors jobs daily straight to your inbox!