Performance Excellence professional needed for a full time position starting 3/16/20. This is NOT a remote position. Onsite only.
The Senior Performance Excellence Consultant is an experienced improvement practitioner responsible for leading the adoption of the Performance Improvement System by developing people and processes with the capability for effective, sustainable improvement and patient-centered performance. Facilitates activities and coaches the organization and other improvement consultants on the principles and methods of operational excellence in the areas of strategy deployment, visual management, scientific problem solving, and standardization. Uses proven process improvement methods from Lean, Six Sigma and other sources to optimize the value and experience delivered to our patients by reducing variation and waste. Models the ideal behaviors necessary for an effective management system and culture of continuous improvement. This is a highly visible position with frequent interaction with directors and executive leaders.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the health care industry including health care clinical roles/licensures and processes, industry regulations and accreditations, payers, Electronic Health Records and health system structure.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, supplies, electronic devices, and software used in a health care environment and relevant to work functions.
- Knowledge of organizational development and human resource processes for employee onboarding, continuous development (including continuing education), coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
- Skill in improvement processes such as organizational alignment (strategic planning, benchmarking, voice of the customer), visual management (5S, data science), scientific problem solving (PDSA, RCA, Six Sigma, Toyota Kata) and waste elimination (Lean – Value Stream Mapping, process observation), and standardization (standard work).
- Skill in operational performance measures in the areas of employee and patient safety, clinical and non-clinical quality, customer/patient experience, employee engagement, service timeliness/access, operational finance.
- Skill in advanced use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- data visualization/presentation, preferably using Tableau.
- project management.
- change management.
- Formal coaching methods (such as the GROW model).
- facilitation of complex (cross-functional) groups of up to 100 people.
- Ability to develop and conduct effective educational programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, including medical staff, volunteer and ancillary staff.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities, actions, and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relevant to sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize work demands and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing internal and external environment with changing priorities and needs.
- Ability to define, measure/collect, analyze, visualize and present complex data to communicate meaning.
- Ability to train, facilitate and lead teams in applying continuous improvement principles and methods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or health care field from an accredited institution required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience required. Minimum of three (3) years applying process/performance improvement methods and facilitating project teams required. Experience in a formal leadership position preferred.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Certification related to improvement, coaching, or project management required. Examples: Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Certification, Certified Manager of Operational Excellence, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS).
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Continuum Medical Staffing
843-548-2245 or 866-458-1088