Director Long Term Care
Job Profile Summary:
The Director of Long Term Care is responsible and accountable to ensure that the Department goals and Objectives are aligned with the Organization's Objectives and Strategic Plan. The Department manager is responsible and accountable to ensure that action plans are set in place to reach goals the organization should successfully attain for its strategy to succeed. He/She must deploy the resources and develop the goals to ensure employees understand the intent of the Strategic Plan/ Operational plan. He/She must pursue higher levels of organizational and human performance to include, quality, productivity, and time performance concerns. He/she must ensure employees' well-being and develop employees' talents to adopt ideas, new processes, new technology, and new products so as to ensure successful innovation. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective or the resident's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each resident's requirement relative to his/her age - specific needs. The Director of Nursing is responsible for hiring and disciplinary needs within the department to include supervision of other department directors.
• Conducts analysis of overall resource needs and creates aligned measures for work unit to meet these needs.
• Creates business plans that collaboratively seek and obtain input from multiple sources to accurately reflect issues that must be measured and weighed in the decision process.
• Proposals are prepared according to the criteria outlined for Custer Community Hospital business plans.
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends and technologies within or current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
• Develops action plans (organizational-level drivers) derived from the short-term and long-term strategic planning process. Action plans are set to accomplish those goals the organization should achieve if its strategy is to succeed. Objectives and goals are created specific to the operational department(s) so that there is effective organization and department-wide understanding and deployment.
• Develops skills and abilities of self and team members so that they are aligned with corporate strategies and objectives, operational objectives, departmental objectives, and individual goals. Develops Individual Development Plans with employees to enhance their development and the performance of the organization. Provides learning opportunities to help employees acquire the competencies that will be required for future success.
• Ensures that all corporate compliance initiatives are met and/or communicated to staff.
• Fosters an environment in which employees can be creative and innovative, as evidenced by the adoption of employee ideas, suggestions, and feedback. Also ensures implementation by developing measurements and reporting indicators that quantify input, output, and performance dimensions of processes, products, and services. Conducts unit meetings with time on agenda for employee participation.
• Facilitates employee participation on committees/hospital activities.
• Meets commitments and tasks by ensuring the development of numerical information that quantifies the input, output, and performance dimensions of processes, products, services, and outcomes. This information permits evaluation against goals and standards, past results, and other organizations (benchmarking efforts).
• Monitors and evaluates employee performance, and conducting employee performance appraisals in a timely manner.
• Provides learning opportunities to help employees acquire the competencies that will be required for future success. Develops Individual Development Plans with employees to enhance their development and the performance of the organization. Performance Criteria A) Promotes a standard of excellence and assures the competency of staff in knowledge and skills required to perform assigned responsibilities as appropriate to patient population. B) Facilitates staff attendance at educational sessions.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
Certification- Registered Nurse (RN)- South Dakota Board of Nursing