Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN) needed for 13-week assignment in Honolulu, HI! Must have active Hawaii RN license. 8-hour day shift.
Staff Nurse – Contract
Provides nursing care and services to patients/families. Provides direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing assistant personnel. Delegates nursing care according to according to legal and regulatory guidelines/statutes and organizational policies. Utilizes reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical orders of a practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver. Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes charge duties as assigned.
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as appropriate
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge, judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of nursing care
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are delegated to nursing assistive personnel
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor
- Takes charge duties as assigned
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure)
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies
- Emergency Department Only Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association
- Operating Room - One year experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty within established time frame
- Previous travel nursing experience required
- Certification in area of specialty
- Coursework in basic EKG
- Working with electronic medical record experience