Nurse Practitioner needed ASAP for permanent position at small Critical Access Hospital.
Provides full scope of services within the Emergency Room setting, including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment and coordination of care, preventative care and health maintenance to the patient. Diagnoses illness and educates patients and patients’ families on preventative care. Collaborate with Physicians and other healthcare providers to ensure patient healthcare needs are met.
This position will be a part of the PCMH team when specified by the patient’s needs. Comprehensive care including care coordination and self-management building skills to promote better outcomes for patients will be provided. As part of the team, there will be an emphasis on disease prevention and wellness, as well as being included in the treatment of acute and chronic diseases. As part of the team, this position will help provide care management and support the patient/family/caregiver prior to treatment, during treatment and following treatment with transitional care and coordination across all elements of the broader health care system. This would include specialty care, hospitalization/ER, long-term care, home health care, community services and support, test tracking and follow-up, referral tracking and follow-up, and care coordination transitions from one health care facility to another facility or to home.
Education and/or Experience
- Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited school/college of Advanced Registered Nursing Practice
· Five (5) years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in a related healthcare setting
· Previous experience in Emergency Department preferred.
· Previous experience in rural healthcare setting preferred.
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations
- Currently licensed as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) in the State of Iowa
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required upon completion of orientation.
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Continuum Medical Staffing
843-548-2245 or 866-458-1088