IT Interface Analyst - Hospital - EPIC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Interface Analyst needed to support hospital in Columbus, Indiana.''..Under supervision of the IS Manager, the Intelligence Analyst - Intermediate provides design support for the development of integration solutions, works on medium to complex and cross-functional IS and integration solutions, works on multiple tasks/projects as a team member, and sometimes works as a functional lead. The Interface Analyst – Intermediate is responsible for ongoing system support, administration, maintenance, upgrades, and be the onsite vendor liaison for the assigned area of responsibility. The positions works closely with other applications analysts and others within Information Systems, operational leaders, end users, and vendors. Employee meets the minimum requirements of the following competencies:
1. Provides support in the development and implementation of system interfaces in Epic and other system wide IS systems.
2. Analyzes Epic and system interface issues and identifies, develops and implements solutions.
3. Consults with project management staff to determine requirements, and then coordinates the entire cycle of interface
application development, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live, and support for portions of the
overall project or for minimally complex projects.
4. Participates and sometimes leads improvements to Epic and system interfaces; uses continuous improvement methodologies
to address identified opportunities.
5. Coordinates assigned phases of interface testing of the associated applications during implementations, enhancements and
upgrades. Develops testing objectives, writes interface test scripts, prepares test data, and executes the interface test scripts.
6. Evaluates internal and external customers' needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate interface solutions of complex
and high impact issues impacting the application and its users.
7. Serves as a liaison between team management and the engineers, and provide guidance to engineers.
8. Maintains HL7 specifications and documentation of integration workflow.
9. Monitors problem/issue communications from the vendor and works with leadership to develop contingency plans.
10. Performs regularly scheduled tasks to ensure the system is operating efficiently and optimally.
11. Acts as primary vendor contact for interface issues.
12. Monitors and provides vendor feedback on the quality of system capabilities, enhancement and break/fix items according to
vendor service level expectations.
13. Assists in assigned support and upgrades with the vendor and Architect – Epic Integration.
14. Coordinates application planning and the development of user documentation and training materials for implementations.
15. Writes and maintains system documentation to ensure standard work.
16. Monitors change management process and compliance within the team.
17. Works with Project Managers and stakeholders to establish best practices for a technical solution and workflow processes.
18. Participates in on-boarding new employees and mentoring existing employees.
19. Presents enhancements and solutions to leadership or departments to advance system functionality.
20. Identifies knowledge gaps among team members and recommends/facilitates cross-training and information sharing.
21. Trains and demonstrates new functionality to internal staff and customers.
22. Demonstrates and promotes high-quality customer service through the problem-solving process, follows up with customers
and keeps the customer informed through problem resolution.
23. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in health science, computer science, business or related field required, or a lesser degree with three (3) years of
experience in a health-related or IS related field.
Four (4) years industry related experience (healthcare, information systems, business systems or other applicable area) required.
For employees hired after 10/1/2018, two (2) years experience with Epic systems required. For employees hired prior to 10/1/2018,
two (2) years experience with Epic systems preferred.
Experience with multi-application integration and system inter-dependencies required.
Experience of the industry and multiple business functional areas required.
Experience with cross-discipline healthcare processes and workflows required.
Experience with databases, HL7 communications, and any interface engine required.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Current Epic Bridges certification required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
Current Cloverleaf certification preferred....'
Continuum Medical Staffing employs and places healthcare professionals such as Senior Leader Management, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists (PT, OT, SLP), Interim Leadership, Heath Information Managers, Medical Coders and more. Continuum has over 30 years of staffing experience and is recognized as an exceptional leader in the industry. Continuum provides travel / contract assignments, temp to hire placements, or direct hire permanent placements throughout our great nation.
Continuum Medical StaffingWhy Work Here?
Experience Makes the Difference
Continuum Medical Staffing is a boutique national staffing firm with a big purpose. Our mission and passion is to cultivate talent in the healthcare field and connect exceptional talent with meaningful and rewarding employment opportunities. We help our elite candidates achieve their career goals through personal attention and ongoing support by taking a consultative approach delivering innovative solutions that meet your individual needs. Our clients trust us to develop long-term relationships and continually send them highly qualified talent who exceed their expectations. Continuum Medical Staffing employs and places healthcare professionals such as Senior Leader Management, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists (PT, OT, SLP), Interim Leadership, Heath Information Managers, Medical Coders and more. Continuum has over 30 years of staffing experience and is recognized as an exceptional leader in the industry. Continuum provides travel / contract assignments, temp to hire placements, or direct hire permanent placements throughout our great nation.