Compliance & Safety Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Compliance & Safety Representative
Department/Location: Compliance/Hybrid [Remote/Office/Travel throughout NJ – Subject to change as needed]
Reports to: Compliance Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: N/A
At Consensus Health, we believe better healthcare begins with a community of strong, independent providers delivering high quality, compassionate patient care with improved outcomes. As New Jersey’s fasting growing independent medical group, Consensus Health offers full clinical and operational integration with our value- based care programs, enabling providers to transform the healthcare delivery experience. In addition, Consensus Health owns and manages New Jersey’s oldest Independent Physician Association (“IPA”) with over 1,000 providers throughout the state. At Consensus Health we believe in fostering an environment of collaboration, participation, and respect. A cornerstone of that belief is a commitment to attracting talented and dedicated team members who work together for the common purpose of providing clinical excellence.
Consensus is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who are passionate about helping physicians and their staff deliver better care to patients and whose values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions forward to strengthen the relationship between providers and patients and ensure that our staff are well served.
Assists Compliance Officer with Compliance Audits and analysis to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance throughout all physician practice offices for various regulatory requirements as outlined in the INTERNAL MONITORING PROGRAM. Also functions as the safety representative for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Track and maintain all COVID vaccine and exemptions from staff.
- Track and maintain all FLU vaccine and exemptions from staff.
- Submit and manage all workers compensation claims with carrier for any injured staff and complete accident investigations to ensure corrective activities are completed to prevent future accidents.
- Maintains the OSHA log for all employee recordable accidents and maintains statistics.
- Track and ensure all annual OSHA required training is completed by all staff.
- Assist Compliance Officer with updating and maintaining OSHA Safety Policies.
- Administer for the HealthStream Training System to track and ensure all annual required Compliance training is completed by all staff.
- Maintain all Workforce Confidentiality agreements for all contracted staff.
- Maintain personnel files and background checks for all contracted staff.
- Perform monthly OIG checks on all staff and vendors and ensure all PIC providers are completed monthly as well.
- Attend and take minutes at all Compliance Committee meetings and schedule accordingly and send out reminders.
- Maintain all CLIA waivers and licensures and ensure all renewals are done timely – auditing as necessary.
- Maintain all Waste Generator IDs and ensure all locations are keeping all manifests and utilizing outside waste vendors appropriately/on timely basis so hazardous waste is not left for long periods of time.
- Send and maintain all annual Conflict of Interest forms from all providers, Directors and Officers.
- Track all Compliance metrics monthly and maintain monthly metrics dashboard for Compliance.
- Functions as a backup administrator for Contract Works system.
- Assist with developing and maintaining Compliance Policy manual on the Intranet Website.
- Assists with maintaining the Compliance web page on the external public website.
- Performs weekly General Orientation Presentation each Monday to all new hires.
- Assists in conducting Compliance training as needed.
- Oversees the Internal Monitoring Program and conducts monthly, quarterly and annual audits as needed on various regulatory requirements as outlined in the Monitoring Program.
- Updates and Publishes Compliance Forms as needed.
- Conducts Fair Market Value Analysis as requested by the Compliance Officer or Legal.
- Processes and tracks all Patient Incident Reports and maintains Incident Statistics.
- Assists Compliance Officer with Investigations as needed and Completing Investigation reports.
- Assists Compliance Officer with Compliance Walk through’s and follow ups as needed out at Practice Offices.
- Assists Compliance Officer with Regulatory/licensing inspections as needed and completing any necessary CAP plans and follow up to ensure completions of CAP activities.
- Flexible hours as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications or Education, Training and Experience
- 4-year degree in Business Management or related field
- 2 years experience in the healthcare industry
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to travel to doctors’ offices throughout NJ
Knowledge and Skills/Expected Competencies
- Must be proficient experienced in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to use independent judgment and manage, maintain and impart confidential data .
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; requires details, data and facts that must be analyzed and challenged prior to making decisions or recommendations or action plans.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, such as organization, prioritization, sense of urgency and proactive ownership of projects/deadlines, including managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to provide guidance and training to professional and technical staff in area of expertise.
- Good interpersonal skills, sense of urgency, being proactive and ownership for one’s work.
- Dependable, with strong work ethic and extremely high degree personal integrity.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Examples of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk, work on a computer. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands and arms to operate general office equipment (PC, telephone, file cabinets, copier, postage meter, fax machine and printer). The employee may occasionally lift and/or move between 10 and 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee may need to travel to healthcare practices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The Company reserves the right to modify the job description based upon its needs and may require the employee to perform functions beyond those mentioned above. Neither this job description nor any other communication creates an employment contract between the Company and the employee.
Our culture encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and leads New Jersey in provider and patient satisfaction. Consensus Health values diversity, inclusion, and equity as matters of fairness and effectiveness. We are committed to hiring and retaining a staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, fostering an inclusive working environment where staff of all backgrounds feel welcomed and engaged.
Consensus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from individuals underrepresented in the medical sector, including people of color, and persons with non-traditional work and educational experience. All who believe they meet the stated qualifications are invited to apply.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Consensus Health is committed to proactively creating and maintaining an environment that is safe for our team and patients.
Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks, gloves, gowns, and more as appropriate.
BusinessView all jobs at Continuum Health
Get fresh Site Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!