The Residency Counselor is responsible for representing the community throughout the sales and decision-making process for prospective residents. This begins with the prospective resident’s first inquiry to the community, at which time the Residency Counselor provides such service that all information pertaining to the regulations, procedures, and policies related to residing at the community are appropriately explained and coordinated with the administration.
- Manages the sales process from first inquiry to receipt of deposit to move-in in relation to the representation, negotiation, and promotion of the community to that individual. (35%)
- Initiates ongoing contact with prospective residents via telephone, personal visits, tours and home visit activities as appropriate to facilitate the selling process. (20%)
- Counsels and advises prospective residents, family members and key influencers (physician, attorney, trust officer, as appropriate) to with regards to levels of care, community services and features and the variety of available residential options. (15%)
- Documents all information relating to the prospective resident/inquiry: communication with administration, communication with direct supervision, and accuracy in the Leads Management System. (10%)
- Displays a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of all marketing contracts and documents, as well as community amenities and services, so as to communicate effectively with prospective residents.
- Coordinates and participates in marketing events throughout the year. (10%)
- Coordinates communication with all necessary parties to facilitate a timely and appropriate sale and move-in process with the Move-In Coordinator and/or Marketing Coordinator. (5%)
- Actively contributes and provides input in the development and research of the community’s marketing strategies and plans. (5%)
- Handles all inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Achieves sales goals as outlined by Marketing Director.
- Meets customer contact goals as outlined by Marketing Director (i.e. setting appointments, appointments kept, outgoing phone calls).
- Assumes responsibilities for personal work areas and maintaining areas in a presentable manner.
- Performs additional work duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least one-year experience in comparable sales is preferred; education or experience in sales, public relations or sales psychology is desirable.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with both large and small groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently with self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Skill in the use of computer software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and lead-tracking software.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
Why Work Here?Our company advises and provides business services for retirement communities so that residents can have a terrific lifestyle and owners can stop worrying about the day to day issues. We specialize in Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) the most comprehensive retirement option available to people today. Our services range from pre-marketing a start-up community to the extensive services required to manage a stabilized community. Continuing Life provides a one-stop solution that includes specialized, experienced personnel and IT systems for running and managing the community. Where appropriate, we integrate with third-party vendors like ADP, who are experts in their respective areas, to provide a total solution for operating a full-scale retirement community.
Awesome company, friendly staff and competitive benefits package!