University Village Thousand Oaks is currently hiring a full time Low Voltage Tech (Maintenance Tech II) to work 8AM-4:30PM, Monday through Friday! The Maintenance Tech II person is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the physical plant. Under supervisor direction, the Tech performs preventive maintenance, routine servicing, seasonal repairs and changes, building equipment and plumbing repairs.
- Working as a team with the entire Plant department, the Maintenance Tech II performs general maintenance duties, preventive maintenance, service calls, and emergency maintenance as needed and assigned.
- Complete repairs and have general knowledge of Low Voltage systems, i.e. Nurse Call, Life Line, TV’s, telephones Phones, Voice Mail, Valcom, Fire alarm and smoke detectors, Lighting control systems, security Camera systems, etc.
- With supervision and/or direction, performs general maintenance duties, such as: fixing wall covers, floor covers and some furniture and fixtures; light plumbing work, minor electrical repair, and appliance repairs.
- Assists residents with hanging pictures, changing light bulbs in high locations, changing the settings on their unit’s thermostat, simple plumbing emergencies, and other assistance as needed.
- Provide tier 1 support to test, troubleshoot and report on resident internet issues. Escalate to the appropriate party for resolution.
- Work with the IT department and assist with general network tasks including phone punch downs, switch patching, and coax cabling.
- Assist new residents with initial computer setup and connectivity to the Community network.
- Partner with the IT department and 3rd party vendors to ensure resident satisfaction with their Community provided technology services.
- Provides excellent customer service to residents as demonstrated by doing the following:
- Preview work order, and arrive at unit prepared with all tools/parts needed
- Greet resident by name, introduce yourself, and tell him/her what you will be working on.
- Wear protective ‘booties’ over shoes when entering residents’ unit, if requested.
- If resident is not home, leave a note
- Thoroughly clean up after yourself when finished with the job
- Maintain personal cleanliness
- When a resident asks you to do something not on the work order, if it will take less than 15 minutes, do it! If it will take over 15 minutes or doing it will make you late for an appointment, ask if you can use their phone to call in the work order on their behalf.
- Assigned two week of on-call duty approximately once each quarter.
- Conducts staff training related to safety items as scheduled by the assistant director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate. Technical schooling and/or training preferred.
- Minimum one year previous work experience with Low Voltage systems along with electrical, plumbing, and painting in a complex commercial, industrial, or healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with basic low voltage networking technologies: cat 5/6 testing and termination, coax cable dressing, analog/digital phone punching, and consumer grade wifi technologies
- Knowledge of best practices for computer set ups including installation of peripheral devices
- Basic experience in logical troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
Applicants for this position are required to complete a computer-based Customer Service Aptitude test. After you complete the application and apply for the position, an email confirmation will be sent to you. On the email is a link to the Criteria Test Center. Please complete the test at a time that is convenient for you. Be aware, once you begin the test, you will not be able to 'come and go' on the testing site. You must complete the test in one sitting. The test is multiple choice, and will take about 30 minutes. You will not be considered for this position until the test has been completed. Check your spam filter if you do not receive the confirmation email.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents. Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
University Village offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbour 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://uvto.hrmdirect.com.
Why Work Here?Our company advises and provides business services for retirement communities so that residents can have a terrific lifestyle and owners can stop worrying about the day to day issues. We specialize in Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) the most comprehensive retirement option available to people today. Our services range from pre-marketing a start-up community to the extensive services required to manage a stabilized community. Continuing Life provides a one-stop solution that includes specialized, experienced personnel and IT systems for running and managing the community. Where appropriate, we integrate with third-party vendors like ADP, who are experts in their respective areas, to provide a total solution for operating a full-scale retirement community.
Awesome company, friendly staff and competitive benefits package!