The Environmental Services Director is responsible for the care and cleaning of all aspects of the Environmental Services Department/ Housekeeping for the Community; controlling the quality and timeliness of all work originating in the laundry; hiring, training and supervising all housekeepers, custodians, laundry, lead and management personnel, procuring of supplies, chemicals and equipment, inventory control, budget preparation, and operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Assures timely response to resident inquiries and work orders.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining excellent resident satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Hires, trains, and supervises all housekeepers, custodians, laundry, and supervisor personnel. Supervises the performance of all housekeeping, custodians and laundry personnel through personal inspections and other quality control techniques.
- Delegate authority to supervisory staff for task details to facilitate the smooth flow of materials and services.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Maintains required records, reports, studies.
- Prepares budget and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Implements and monitors the departments safety program, infection control program, and quality standards policies and procedures.
- Coordinates apartment refurbishing with the Plant Operations Director & Marketing Director.
- Coordinates department functions with those of other departments(e.g. Activities, Food & Beverage, Marketing, etc).
- Procures supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Inventory control. Test and evaluates new products to improve efficiency.
- Inspects all housekeeping and laundry equipment regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- On call 24/7. Serves as rotating Director on Duty as required.
- Manages proper disposal of trash and recyclables within the community.
- Prepares for annual State Inspections and re-certification
- Prepares for scheduled Government inspections- OSHA, Fire Marshall etc.
- Complies with all federal, state and local codes, laws, and regulations governing the Community(RCFE, CDPH, CMS).
- Actively participates on the Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Quality Improvement and other Community committees.
- At least three years of environmental services housekeeping management experience in a retirement facility, hotel, hospital, or similar environment.
- Thorough knowledge of floor equipment, carpet care, general cleaning, and laundry equipment, and comprehensive knowledge of housekeeping chemicals and MSDS compliance. Knowledge of infection control.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, Spanish speaking a plus
- Computer proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A passion for giving excellent customer service.
- Working knowledge of floor equipment, carpet care, chemical use and laundry equipment.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents. Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
University Village offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbour 401(k) plan with match.